Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded.

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded. #1  

MessickFarmEqu

We have a local dealer who has had Zetor and Century for awhile. I saw him yesterday and he said that contentions between Century and Brandson caused Century to get the Axe. That dealer is replacing them with a few TYM models.

We like this guy and get along with him really well. However I was a bit peaved... I was looking over these TYM models at the PA farm show. While I was standing there one of their salesmen preceded to tell a customer that this little tractor was built with 3/4in plate steel. He then rattled off the pivot pin lift and bucket breakout and told the customer that the loader could lift the breakout amount of 1700lbs - this is a small 23hp tractor. Its ashame when a salesmen is spreading misinformation instead of informing a customer how to buy a tractor.

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded. #2  
Which further reinforces the oft repeated advice to pick a dealer first, then a tractor. Salesmen that don't know their product or choose to deliberately misrepresent things to make a sale usually don't last too long in one place. That's why I like to work with guys who have a desk and chair worn to fit the shape of their body -- they've been there a while and can be trusted to tell you what they know and admit what they don't know but can find out.

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded. #3  
I am a little suprised at this news if it is indeed true. I posted something about a month ago on the Century/Branson forum about Century now being the distributor for TYM. This can be seen by going to Century's homepage here .

The good news I guess if this is true is that at least Century owners have Branson dealers to fall back on. And I agree with you Neil about salesmen like that...When me and a few of my guys were at the Sunbelt Ag Expo last year we went into a booth for another tractor brand (lower line, won't mention names) and one of their salesman was reall giving this customer some bogus information about the capacities of the tractor. The customer however, wasn't falling for it and then started to ask several questions that the salesman could not have "memorized" by looking at the spec sheet and he had no clue and said he would have to "look into it or ask someone else", the guy just left the booth. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded. #4  
I thought Century was rebranded as Zetor about a year or two ago? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am a little suprised at this news if it is indeed true. I posted something about a month ago on the Century/Branson forum about Century now being the distributor for TYM. This can be seen by going to Century's homepage )</font>

My understading... which could be wrong, is that American Jawa is the distributor for Centry, Zetor, and TYM. http://www.amjawa.com. At least thats who this guy gets them though, there could be other companies doing the same.

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded. #6  
You are correct... AmJawa is no longer carrying the Century (kukje) line of tractors instead they are carrying the TYM, which is the same as some of the Mahindra line (which is supplied to Mahindra by TYM, mainly the 10 series tractors I believe.). The TYM lines will be baged TYM and not Century.

Branson will pick up the warranty for Century tractor owners, and we got a packet from Branson the other day about how to file warranty for a Century customer if need be.

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded. #7  
daTeacha,
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Which further reinforces the oft repeated advice to pick a dealer first, then a tractor. Salesmen that don't know their product or choose to deliberately misrepresent things to make a sale usually don't last too long in one place.)</font>
Boy are you ever right on....at least in my case. I thought picking the tractor first then finding a dealer who sells it nearby....WRONG...the need to buy right now was overwhelming and I made a mistake in my buying process.
Don't know if you read my post in this forem under the "chinaproducts.com" thread or not, but I had an experience with that. Only difference is that the salesman in my case was moved to a different location and not fired. I'm sorry for those people wherever he was sent.

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded. #8  
Neil is correct that AM-JAWA is just a distributor. Everyone in the tractor industry knew that Branson and Century was a contest to see which brand name would win. When Kukje purchased the rights to Branson-USA last year and started running Branson it was settled that Century was doomed as a Kukje Mfg-ed product. I saw Branson in Italy in 2003 at the EIMA Show and knew then who would win. This is just the way the Koreans enter the USA market. Watch LG they have done the same with Montana and Long (FarmTrack). Kioti used a distributor Lely and then divorced them and went direct. Most of the Korean products are high quality products but they has some growing pains.

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded. #9  
I must admit, however, I am very happy in picking the tractor I got. It has met my expectations nicely and I DID get what I wanted. I think most people pick the product first anywany (in most retail purchases) and find where to buy it secondly..that's called "shopping" But dealers make a difference in tractors for sure.

/ Sounds like Centry Tractors has folded. #10  
Just thinking! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Something I seldom do! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Today I had to fix a leaky sink faucet. No name that I could see on it. Could not find the correct replacement cartrige. Ended up bying a very popular name brand faucet set to replace it.

Think Tractor situations are sorta the same but would sure hate to have to buy a new tractor if some parts could not be found. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Egon