SP1740 some questions

/ SP1740 some questions #1  

CVX1170

Tractor
Shibaura SP1740, Ford 5000, Ford 7000 Six, Case IH CVX1170
Hello,

I am since yesterday the owner of a SP1740 that looks perfect and work nice.
I did find the filter set and will replace air, fuel and oil Filter, first question is the oil for the motor, I guess I need to put mineral 15W40 oil, can somebody confirm, any idea of quantity of needed motor oil with filter replacement ?
I did find how all command are working except one option of lever on left mudguard: you can select if you go from front to rear: High / Neutral / Low and then if you pull from low speed to the extreme rear (can be done without use clutch pedal) there is a dual power?
Can somebody explain me what is the impact moving from low to extreme rear position? Is it like some ford with dual power it was +/- 30% speed difference (more on HI and less on LOW)

For the rest these tractors are really nice and have some nice set up like adjustable speed when you bring down your lift.

Does anybody have an idea of SP 1740 lift capacity, I would like to take a wood splitter of 400 - 450kg = 880 990 lbs, not going long way just moving 25 meters

Sorry for my poor English

Thanks
Pierre

Last edited:
   / SP1740 some questions #2  
The biggest limiting factor on the lift will be how much weight is on the front end. 880 lb will make the front very light.