Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #1  

AllDodge

Platinum Member
Tractor
Terramite T5C, Kubota M9540HDC24, F3990, RTV1100, Cat 416C, D3B, 955L
Looking for a sprayer and would like thoughts of type to get. Have about 12 acres of flat to moderate rolling, and about 7 acres of a bit steeper angle.

Plan is to use it for weed control mostly so 24D and maybe some crossbow along the woods, or such type. Figuring maybe 300 gallons and should be able to get away with boomless. Tractor is full cab so turning it ON/OFF will require getting off the tractor unless solenoids are installed. Not sure how a hand sprayer will even work

Figure 3PT takes up less room, but Pull will keep the center of gravity lower.

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #2  
I have a 150 gallon 3 point sprayer that I use behind my L3240, your 95 shouldn't have any trouble with a 300 gal. My sprayer has 28' booms, and I installed a separate nozzle for fence rows/ field edges.
I have seen 3 zone solenoid valves that weren't too expensive, or use the PTO for off/on if a little drip can be tolerated.

Electric Sprayer Controls,Control System, Solenoid Shutoff | Agri Supply 4297

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind
3 zone solenoid, Tx

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #4  
I have a 300gal trailer sprayer with boom,can spray around 20acres. I would prolly go with the 3pt if was spraying that size place. As for the off and on I just shut my pto off in cab that way when making turns and such. Get the upgraded pump not the cheaper that rides on pto,keep it greased and flush the tank it will last.

Get the upgraded pump not the cheaper that rides on pto

What do you mean the upgraded one, don'r remember seeing one that didn't just attach to the PTO?

Edit that is on a 3PT

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #6  
Looking for a sprayer and would like thoughts of type to get. Have about 12 acres of flat to moderate rolling, and about 7 acres of a bit steeper angle.

Plan is to use it for weed control mostly so 24D and maybe some crossbow along the woods, or such type. Figuring maybe 300 gallons and should be able to get away with boomless. Tractor is full cab so turning it ON/OFF will require getting off the tractor unless solenoids are installed. Not sure how a hand sprayer will even work

Figure 3PT takes up less room, but Pull will keep the center of gravity lower.

I have a 25 gallon sprayer mounted on a deer/ luggage rack , just put on the imatch 2” receiver and plug up to 12volt source. I use weed killer with prametol 25.

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #8  
We use a 150 gallon boom-less rig, on/off with PTO and we have a hand held wand in the cab; works really well. We used a boom sprayer before and it was too much trouble as our trees grew.

Good to see you back foreman eTexas

Attachments

• DSCN0745.JPG
    DSCN0745.JPG
    833.4 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN0717.JPG
    DSCN0717.JPG
    712.9 KB · Views: 97
How does the 3PT do on a hill side?

/ Sprayer 3 point or Pull Behind #10  
We use a 150 gallon boom-less rig, on/off with PTO and we have a hand held wand in the cab; works really well. We used a boom sprayer before and it was too much trouble as our trees grew.

Good to see you back foreman eTexas

Hey TripleR was wondering how you was now days