Spring Peepers

/ Spring Peepers #1  

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850
In the other thread about our first signs of spring, there were several people who mentioned Spring Peepers. Last night during a warm 48* rain I noticed we had some visitors. We haven't heard any singing from Peepers yet this year, and these little guys were doing more "peeping tom" action than anything.

Attachments

• P1000674.jpg
    P1000674.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 93
  • P1000675.jpg
    P1000675.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 101
  • P1000676.jpg
    P1000676.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 212
  • P1000678.jpg
    P1000678.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 146
   / Spring Peepers #2  
Jeepers peepers!!!

That creeps me out, with their cold, hollow stares. :eek:

:laughing:

/ Spring Peepers #4  
This is my spring "peepers".
Common' couldn't find a bird of some sort, what are you tryin' to do with the bear?? Trying to teach them to fend off predators on there own or making them think they are bears??;)

/ Spring Peepers #5  
In the other thread about our first signs of spring, there were several people who mentioned Spring Peepers. Last night during a warm 48* rain I noticed we had some visitors. We haven't heard any singing from Peepers yet this year, and these little guys were doing more "peeping tom" action than anything.

Heard them for the first time 2 nights ago, went to sleep listening to their music last night. The daffs are budding, teh Hellebore is blooming, and doggone it, our 6-month-long spring is starting:laughing:

/ Spring Peepers
Heard them for the first time 2 nights ago, went to sleep listening to their music last night. The daffs are budding, teh Hellebore is blooming, and doggone it, our 6-month-long spring is starting:laughing:

It's not quite that nice here yet. We're expecting 5 - 10" of snow tonight and tomorrow. But it's nice to get some warmer days between cold spells now. It won't be long! :)

/ Spring Peepers #7  
Common' couldn't find a bird of some sort, what are you tryin' to do with the bear?? Trying to teach them to fend off predators on there own or making them think they are bears??;)

The instructions that came with the chicks said "you must provide them with the bear necessities", so I did.

/ Spring Peepers #8  
They were out in force last night, in the pounding snow.

/ Spring Peepers #9  
We won't hear anything out of them for awhile yet. When we do get them, the sound is so strong it hurts the ears. If we go out in our yard on a busy peeper night we can not even carry on a conversation, not even with yelling. Of course this changes just like a switch once one of them feels something is wrong, owls seem to shut them up real quick.