SSQ Bucket falls off

/ SSQ Bucket falls off
First photo is the bucket as it is coming off. Second photo shows just how little the pin goes through the tab in this position. The pin generally goes through the tab more. The fourth..... ooops.

Photo below shows the grease line on the pin when the pin is seated correctly.

InkedKB2_LI.jpg

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #93  
I think your problem is clearly illustrated in your second photo.

A flat plate welded to the bucket latch tab to eliminate vertical "slack" will fix the issue.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #94  
Looks like the tip of your QA pin is barely into the bucket.
Plate that section of the bucket up.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #95  
Build that section of the bucket up.

Maybe add a flat plate there? :)

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #96  
The gap shown between the back of the bucket and the ssqa plate is a problem that needs to be diagnosed and understood.

If this side has a gap, and the other side is tight, that suggests xfaxman is correct and the connecting tube is twisted.

If both sides show the same gap, that suggests the upper angled part of the ssqa is not fitting correctly into the angled part of the bucket. One or the other could be bent.

Or, you need to juggle the bucket on the ssqa before inserting the pins to make sure the back of the bucket and the ssqa plate are tight on both sides.

Maybe borrow a bucket or other ssqa attachment from a neighbor and see if the problem stays the same or goes away.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #98  
Didn't see your reply till after I replied.

No worries. We're thinking alike.

This problem is probably caused by the top bucket bracket and/or the top SSQA bracket being bent.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off
Thanks for the link. Will check this next time I am at the property.

I think your problem is clearly illustrated in your second photo.

A flat plate welded to the bucket latch tab to eliminate vertical "slack" will fix the issue.
Yes, that does seem to be the problem or part of the problem. Didn't have issues with the bucket falling off originally though so maybe Xfaxman is on to something.

Plate that section of the bucket up.
It is only this way when the bucket slides up after back dragging as shown in the photos above. When using the loader for moving dirt the pins are further into the bracket and I don't have any issues.

The gap shown between the back of the bucket and the ssqa plate is a problem that needs to be diagnosed and understood.

If this side has a gap, and the other side is tight, that suggests xfaxman is correct and the connecting tube is twisted.

If both sides show the same gap, that suggests the upper angled part of the ssqa is not fitting correctly into the angled part of the bucket. One or the other could be bent.

Or, you need to juggle the bucket on the ssqa before inserting the pins to make sure the back of the bucket and the ssqa plate are tight on both sides.

Maybe borrow a bucket or other ssqa attachment from a neighbor and see if the problem stays the same or goes away.
Thanks. Will look into it.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #100  
i think this horse has been beat to death :mur: