SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades

/ SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades #21  
With the "UnderSlung" type set-up you float the plow like on a p/u truck or you can apply down pressure for back dragging. You can also stack snow a mile high with the loader.

P1000299.JPG

P1000307.JPG

gg

Last edited:
   / SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades #22  
My old plow had about 15 degrees of side to side roll built in from the factory. Really miss that. No ability to put downpressure on it, it stuck out to far & was manual angle.

The 2 struts from the corners of the plow could pivot until they hit the rest of the plow frame. About 10-15 degrees or so.

Underslung is easy to design on most plows & vertical float can be done with chains or nested pipes. A bump stop or in through the nested pipes gives you downpressure when you need it. Designing in roll is a bit harder. I'm thinking really oversized oval holes on the plow frame to SSQA frame or something. But sloppy holes mean wear, noise & control issues.
IMG_20150117_153817.jpg
IMG_20150117_153836.jpg

/ SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades #23  
Why do you need so much roll ? Or an other way to say it; why do you need more roll than a standard truck set-up needs ? There is plenty of slop and twist in truck plow frame and pins, especially an old one. If you set the loader arm height and SSQA angle so that the plow frame is parallel to the road surface, like you would setting up a truck plow, you can angle the plow at any angle and the blade will stay flat on the road all the way across. Look at my first picture above.

gg

Last edited:
   / SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades #24  
Why do you need so much roll ? Or an other way to say it; why do you need more roll than a standard truck set-up needs ? There is plenty of slop and twist in truck plow frame and pins, especially an old one. If you set the loader arm height and SSQA angle so that the plow frame is parallel to the road surface, like you would setting up a truck plow, you can angle the plow at any angle and the blade will stay flat on the road all the way across. Look at my first picture above.

gg
I don't need a lot of roll, but I tend to need a bit more than some. I'm plowing mostly rougher rural dirt/gravel driveways. So more roll with the plow going one way as the back axle goes another helps.

I have 0 articulation now, other than flex on the loader arms now. Workable but not ideal as well.

I'm in Colorado so in addition to 4-8' snow drifts tempatures bounce all over so gravel isn't always frozen. Roll or slop there is counterproductive as you end up plowing more mud & gravel. Sort of a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't situation for roll.

/ SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades #25  
   / SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades #26  
   / SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades #27  
Many videos about these plows:

/ SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades #28  
These days I have all day to get it done.

Attachments

• t1030.JPG
    t1030.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 68
   / SSQA FEL-mounted snow blades #30  
Many videos about these plows:

I like the vertical & roll articulation on that & the slightly more compact design. Some TBM members have more underslung designs that are even shorter. More likely to hit brush guards with those designs so I can see why they might not want to do that design commercially.

They have a crossover relief valve on a single double acting cylinder though. There are different volumes on each side of the cylinder because the rod takes up space. It really won't do much if that relief valve trips.