SSQA, From the Seat Release

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #11  
Thanks for posting the video, I haven't heard of the guy but have been wanting something new to watch on youtube so I'll give his channel a try. I would like to have mine hydraulic but maybe this way will work OK?

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #12  
I'm watching it on the big screen and I have a question, how does he keep his shop so clean? LOL WOW

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #13  
Thanks for posting the video, I haven't heard of the guy but have been wanting something new to watch on youtube so I'll give his channel a try. I would like to have mine hydraulic but maybe this way will work OK?
Hydraulic would be better for me in as much as I have a set of outlets on the loader cross arm but working it (SSQA) for me is a snap so why bother.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #14  
Nice video and work, but I am with Scootr and Ken - this works much better on a SS where you can actually see what is going on, unlike my Kubota loader on my GL series. Plus getting the holes to line up to the pins is not easy on many attachments. I often have to stand/jump on my forks to get them to set down enough to latch them, for example. I have used the hydraulic version on a SS and it was indeed very handy, especially if you need to swap implements a lot.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #15  
Once you have the top connection point locked in, just raise, curl back and the bottom pins shoot in pretty easy for me.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #17  
Hydraulic would be better for me in as much as I have a set of outlets on the loader cross arm but working it (SSQA) for me is a snap so why bother.

About how I feel. It's clever and I'd use it on a smaller tractor. On the M59 with 4000 lbs of lift, the latch pins can get a little bit sticky. Half the time I can work the levers by hand - but the other times it helps to use a handy 4 foot cheater pipe.

I also like to visually inspect that the bottom pins engage and that means getting down off and taking a close look. The visibility on the SSQA fron the tractor cockpit isn't all that good.
One time last year one pin didn't fully engage and over a bump the empty bucket went sideways & almost came off. Just dumb luck I didn't end up tweaking some part of the SSQA or loader. Now I always get off and check.

On a smaller barnyard chore tractor I'd think it would be worth doing. The video is definitely worth watching if for no other reason than to see an old style craftsman at work.

rScotty

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #18  
About how I feel. It's clever and I'd use it on a smaller tractor. On the M59 with 4000 lbs of lift, the latch pins can get a little bit sticky. Half the time I can work the levers by hand - but the other times it helps to use a handy 4 foot cheater pipe.

I also like to visually inspect that the bottom pins engage and that means getting down off and taking a close look. The visibility on the SSQA fron the tractor cockpit isn't all that good.
One time last year one pin didn't fully engage and over a bump the empty bucket went sideways & almost came off. Just dumb luck I didn't end up tweaking some part of the SSQA or loader. Now I always get off and check.

On a smaller barnyard chore tractor I'd think it would be worth doing. The video is definitely worth watching if for no other reason than to see an old style craftsman at work.

rScotty

I used to feel like it wasn’t worth the effort for a power quick attach until I got one. It’s nice. Not only is it convenient but it never comes unlatched. I’ve personally had it happen more than once actually and I’ve seen dozens of other posters where a manual lever came undone and dropped an implement. I’ve never had my hydraulic one come loose.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #19  
I used to feel like it wasn’t worth the effort for a power quick attach until I got one. It’s nice. Not only is it convenient but it never comes unlatched. I’ve personally had it happen more than once actually and I’ve seen dozens of other posters where a manual lever came undone and dropped an implement. I’ve never had my hydraulic one come loose.

I confess that I haven't taken my manual ones off to clean them up and check how they work.

But I "think" that whether the lever actuation is manual or electric or hydraulic the only difference is in how the cam lever is being moved - it doesn't change the spring force that is used to engage the vertical tapered locking pin of the SSQA into the bottom slot on the bucket.

I could be wrong on that; like I say I haven't taken the assembly apart to study it. Someone who has is welcome to explain.

rScotty

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #20  
I have watched a number of this guys videos. It's a good channel. The content helped me make decisions on building a roof, choosing a chainsaw holder, and more. This video reaffirms my commitment to my remote forklift control project.
One thing I've seen him cover twice is SSQA lube and maintenance.
I have been struggling with the QA on my SS, typically using a 3ft pipe to set and release the handles. Last week while greasing the machine I applied spray on white lube to all moving parts and a generous amount of grease to the 2 lock pin barrels. Honestly I'm surprised how much difference this made, They are a one hand operation now! Sweeet :)