SSQA multi use base

/ SSQA multi use base
Good looking heavy duty frame. Instead of round pipes with bolts how about welding heavy eyes on it then just throwing hitch pins in to attach and detach add on's.
Also a neighbor just got a new kioti tractor and I noticed that the bucket SSQA had wings on the outside flanges to guide the loader frame into alignment, I need to
add the quide wings onto my SSQA attachments to make them easier to connect to as I can't see the edge flanges from inside my cab.

I've thought about the hitch pin idea also but my thoughts are that the bolts would hold it in place a bit more solid. I can't stand stuff slopping around even if it is just a little bit. It's kind of a pet peave of mine.
My bucket that came with the FEL has the aligning wings on it but I have a clear view of the QA plate on my loader and can line up good each time so I never had a reason to use them.

Last edited:
   / SSQA multi use base
I may have changed plans for this project. Instead of the "bolt on" plan I may just take the advice given above and just make this a dedicated root bucket. Reason being is because I think I want to add a small grapple to the bucket to pick up the roots and rocks I dig up. I could then also use it for moving logs around for fire wood. figuring out how to make make this removeable with a grapple and still be strong enough has been an issue. The below picture are what I have so far. The bucket is just tacked on for now so it's not to late to change but I think this is probably the way I am going to go. I'm actually surprised at the weight because I can still lift it off my welding bench, but thats it. Wouldn't want to try to set it on the floor. But having said that, theres not many attachments I would even be able to lift off the bench. So I don't think the weight is too bad.
IMG_3261.JPG
IMG_3260.JPG

Last edited:
   / SSQA multi use base #13  
Looks good.

/ SSQA multi use base
I have finished welding out my bucket and installing the grapple arm mounts. I致e decided to just go with one shaft pin to attach the grapple because of the narrow width of the grapple. Adding two more mounts would really crowd the area. I have mocked up the grapple arms in plywood just for a visual reference to see what it looks like. It seems not to bad like this. The depth of the grapple arms in the pictures is 4 deep, 1/2 material. Will this be strong enough. I have been thinking of maybe adding another inch to the bottom and cutting some teeth into it. To date this project has only cost me $20 for the bucket teeth.

8993BAB5-5337-4129-AA63-421C6AFF30AB.jpeg732BE0B4-37A1-4F57-8452-B756561301C6.jpeg

/ SSQA multi use base #15  
Looks solidly built. If you are concerned about the arm twisting, cut out two arms and weld in a 1/2x1" flat bar around the edge between them. Or even thinner to make it easier to work with.

/ SSQA multi use base
There will be two arms with plate between them. I just mocked up one arm in plywood for a visual reference

/ SSQA multi use base #19  
Looks great. I think you'll be happier with individual attachments. Especially if you are doing a project and want to switch back and forth between two different ones. I just build my own mounts the same as you did. Here's the boom pole I made. It's 7 feet long with a moveable hook.

27828410109_599c4c1fee_z.jpg
[/url]20170718_192747 by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

38709492825_e2f3dd7bd3_z.jpg
[/url]20170802_184231 by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

27828413209_2e7abf369c_z.jpg
[/url]20170802_191356 by Jason, on Flickr[/IMG]

Jay

/ SSQA multi use base
Yeah I think I’ll be happier also. I gotta quit adding steel to this thing though or it will be to heavy. I have a real bad tendency to over build stuff and this is no exception.
Your boom pole looks great. I like it