Stalling TA247

/ Stalling TA247 #1  

yomax4

Elite Member
Tractor
ISEKI TA 247. Stihl Saws Gravely Zt's Polaris ATV's State Of The Art Welding Equipment
I've had this TA247 for 15 years and it has seldom missed a beat. I started it yesterday 15 degrees out there. It started and I let it run a few minutes. Then I took off on it and after 100 yards it would chug down and kill. Then after a few seconds It would start up chugging a bit like 1-2 cylls then clean out and I would go and it would do the same over and over. Is this a gel issue? It's a first time thing.

The tractor also has a sediment bowl with filter and a petcock type valve. If I shut off the valve and remove the bowl and put in a new filter, Will i have to do any fuel bleed steps or just change filter and be ok.
Thanks.

/ Stalling TA247 #2  
At 15 degrees you shouldn't have a gelling issue unless you are using bio-diesel. Is there any moisture in your sediment bowl? Frost can plug the filter & drop down when the tractor isn't running. I'd try some 911 in the fuel. If you shut off the valve and remove the bowl and put in a new filter, you will have to bleed the fuel system.

/ Stalling TA247
At 15 degrees you shouldn't have a gelling issue unless you are using bio-diesel. Is there any moisture in your sediment bowl? Frost can plug the filter & drop down when the tractor isn't running. I'd try some 911 in the fuel. If you shut off the valve and remove the bowl and put in a new filter, you will have to bleed the fuel system.

Thank You Kindly for the reply. I'm afraid I am / was using Bio Fuel from the summer. I did get it in and warmed it up, It was low on fuel about a gallon in there so I put in power service regular and 4 gallons of winter fuel.

I'm due to change that bowl filter so I guess I'll attempt the re-bleed.

When I brought the tractor in to warm up the front differential filler cap overflowed gear oil out the cap vent. Suppose I have moisture in there that froze too. Crap.

Thanks Again.