Starlink

/ Starlink #3,702  
I should sell my RV unit.

/ Starlink #3,704  
Anyone else experiencing slow speeds?

At 6am I was 2.2MB download, now "up" to 4.4MB at 7am. Quite unusual.

/ Starlink #3,705  
Anyone else experiencing slow speeds?

At 6am I was 2.2MB download, now "up" to 4.4MB at 7am. Quite unusual.
80.1 / 4.8 here in northeastern PA at 10:45 AM EDT. A bit slower than average but not overly so.

/ Starlink #3,706  
Thanks. Mine is up to 18MBPS now. Not blazing speed, but a lot better than 2!

/ Starlink #3,707  
I first check the outage page for the 0.1s outages and then go from there. The detailed debug information can be helpful, if not very helpful, in sorting out where the slow speeds are come from. If there is nothing on those two sections, and nothing on downdector.com, I would reboot my local non-Starlink router, and if that fails, power my router down, and then power Starlink down for five minutes, boot it, give Starlink ten minutes to settle, and then turn on my router.

(My version of "Is it plugged in?" for myself. I've learned over the years that sometimes devices get sideways for no apparent reason, and being put to bed can often calm whatever the issue is.) YMMV

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #3,708  
I‘ve had Starlink for over a year now and am pleased (except for the two $ increases.). I live in the country and my home is about 500 ft from the county road and with no nearby neighbors, so initially I didn’t put a Wifi password on StarLink. Eventually I did. Good thing probably as today I was mowing the road shoulder on the tractor and streaming music when I noticed I was still connected to the house Wifi. 🥹. Ookla Speedtest said 17 Mbs from there. 👍

/ Starlink #3,709  
I first check the outage page for the 0.1s outages and then go from there. The detailed debug information can be helpful, if not very helpful, in sorting out where the slow speeds are come from. If there is nothing on those two sections, and nothing on downdector.com, I would reboot my local non-Starlink router, and if that fails, power my router down, and then power Starlink down for five minutes, boot it, give Starlink ten minutes to settle, and then turn on my router.

(My version of "Is it plugged in?" for myself. I've learned over the years that sometimes devices get sideways for no apparent reason, and being put to bed can often calm whatever the issue is.) YMMV

All the best,

Peter
Good suggestions. I got caught up in the recent Asus router whirlpool of problems recently, and a few things have been odd ever since. Nothing definitive I can pin down, just a few oddities here and there.

The SL speed "healed itself." (I hate it when that happens!!) Although later in the day I had to reboot the Asus router again as a few of my devices got grouchy either about connecting, or staying connected-- but not being able to do DHCP.

/ Starlink #3,710  
We have been experiencing some seriously slow peak hour service here in the SW lately.