Starlink

/ Starlink #1,661  
I totally agree that Starlink is doing a terrible job of communicating with their customers. Someone once told me that I am not a customer yet because I have not taken delivery. I disagree! I believe that once a company takes my order and a deposit, I become a customer. Someone else compared Ford and other companies that take deposits, to Starlink. I see the main difference being, that you can communicate with those other companies after they take your deposit. Starlinks attitude seems to be, give me your money and leave me alone! There is no way to get in touch with them after they take your money, until you receive the dish.

I am sure that once I get the dish, I will be very happy. I am also one of the luckier ones, since according to the latest info on my account, I will still be getting service within the latter part of the year (December), as I was originally told. But that still needs to take place.
I dont agree. Ford was TERRIBLE at communicating regarding Ford Bronco orders….they really messed it up. Lots of MIS-information being given (delivery dates that came and went, etc). It’s better to communicate less and be accurate than it is to communicate more and be wrong over and over again…at least in my opinion.

Trust me you will be happy once you get the dish. We are high in the mountains of CO…probably why I got mine so early. So far it has been phenomenal. I really do hope you get your dishy soon!

/ Starlink #1,662  
I agree that it would be more frustrating to be promised a date and then another and then another, than to be given a date that is a long ways out but actually adhered to. Which may be my case, since the original promise was for mid to late 2021 and it may still happen. However what is just as frustrating or maybe more frustrating, is being told it is first come first serve and that turns out to be BS and there is no way to contact them to discuss the situation. In my case, I put down my deposit in February, therefore I should be served before anyone that applied after that. However the 2 neighbors on either side of me, both have systems in place and they work great. One neighbor ordered his about 7 months after I did and he got his setup in 2 weeks. He did use a service address different than his actual location and that is likely why he got his first. But we are neighbors with abutting property lines and if the dish works at his place it would obviously work at mine. The other neighbor grabbed a setup from their parents about 25 miles from their house and it works too. The neighbors on either side of me have operating systems even though I applied WAY before they did and there is no way to for me to contact Starlink to find out why. First come first served is BS, since there is obviously service available here and I applied before both neighbors. The only person I can vent to is my wife, since I can't talk to Starlink. At least you could vent to your dealer and Ford, lol.

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you and 2 of your neighbors ordered new Bronco's but they both got theirs months before you, even though you ordered yours months before them.

If my latest account information is correct, I should get mine next month and then all this will be forgotten.

/ Starlink #1,663  
I put my deposit down in February as well. Now they say mid next year. Who knows if it will happen or not but not anything I can do but wait. If it comes great if not we will survive just like always.

/ Starlink #1,664  
For my wife and I though the 42/8 we're getting now is perfectly adequate.

Things could change in the future but right now, paying twice as much for Starlink may not be practical.

If I had been getting those sort of speeds with any sort of reliability, I would have had no need to switch to Starlink. As it was, we were at the end of 3 miles of aging copper lines with a DSL system rated at 7/1 - on occasion, we actually got those speeds, and when we did, Zoom meetings for business or my kids remote school classes worked well enough to just get by. More often, we were seeing half those speeds, and it was completely down several times per month (and occasionally several times per week). When you've gotten on a first name basis with the repair guy in your area, know all his kids by name, what sports they play, and how their teams are doing, you know you've got a real problem.

/ Starlink #1,665  
Screenshot_20211125-193420.png

/ Starlink #1,666  
Holy crap! I just tested my internet speed and got 5 up and 1.4 down with a latency of 639.

/ Starlink #1,667  
Just did a speed test down .15, up .43, ping 263, tipical Verizon speed for us. Come on Starlink, hurry up

/ Starlink #1,669  
Just did a speed test down .15, up .43, ping 263, tipical Verizon speed for us. Come on Starlink, hurry up
That reminds me of dial-up. Graphics on web pages now don't work good at those speeds.