Start your goat business CL ad

/ Start your goat business CL ad #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
Start your own goat business! - farm & garden - by owner - sale

I'm casually looking for a male dwarf pygmy goat for my girls and came across this ad. I admire the creativity of their marketing, but really hate to think of anybody falling for it.

$450 for a doe is more then twice what they go for. Average price for a buck is $100 unless he has something special, like waddles and blue eyes, then you might get $150 or more, depending on the coloration and markings.

For $2,500 you get 4 does and 9 bucks. All anybody would need is a single buck, the rest will just create issues and cost money to feed.

I wonder if anybody would believe the numbers and think this is a good deal?

/ Start your goat business CL ad #2  
Aren't they referred to as Nannies and Billies?

I've seen the neighbor's goats. I'll pass. Stupidest things on the planet.

/ Start your goat business CL ad #3  
Further west of me, near Moses Lake, there are several "goat ranches". Talk about being eaten down to the bare earth. The pens they are in do not have a single sprig of anything standing above the dry earth. Even the wooden post used on the pens have been chewed.

And this is all visible going past at 70mph on I-90.

/ Start your goat business CL ad #4  
I never minded goats...until my friends goat ate the seat on my cherry 1975 F350. Now i hate them

/ Start your goat business CL ad #5  
Goats are a full time job. They are not stupid, quite the opposite, but can and will eat about anything. They should be used more in Ca. for brush and under growth control but very few people in charge know anything about them. The old story about building a goat proof fence by trying the best you can think of then throwing a 5 gallon bucket of water at it. If a drop of water gets through a goat will too is very close to true. I had a big old billy goat and a couple of nannies to keep the horses company many years ago. I finally got lucky and they escaped, never to be seen again.
When I was a little kid a neighbor had a small herd of milk goats, all named after English Queens. He had a milk stand and twice a day, at milking time he would call them by name and they would get up on the stand and eat a little hay while he milked them. He said the secret to keeping them in their pen was to not have a billy and keep them well fed. It worked for him.

/ Start your goat business CL ad #6  
My youngest daughter just bought 4 Boer goats. I can't leave my tractors in the pasture, or the little sh!ts will climb on the hood/seat or try to eat the seat or moldings.

/ Start your goat business CL ad #7  
I have a deep hatred of goats. They say hot dogs are made up of all the buttholes and other nasties left over from the butcher's floor, well goats are the same. Goats are made of all the unused bad attitudes, spitefulness, disgusting habits, and general foulness that were left over after the creation of puppies and bunnies. There's a reason the satanists use a goat head as their symbol.

/ Start your goat business CL ad #8  
Small goats are cute and fun but I have no desire to own any. I have a friend that has ponies and petting animals they carry to events. He has a goat that rides in the cab of his truck with him pretty much everywhere.

Regular ol brush eating goats can be had for free if you watch the ads for a while.

/ Start your goat business CL ad
IMG_0856.JPG

69849617_10220194107785594_3358842623665111040_o.jpg

IMG_1189.JPG

28424480_10215808992120443_835300443347514485_o.jpg

I'm kind of new to goats, so I'm still struggling with the learning curve, but I'm getting better at it every year. We have 9 girls right now and they are awesome. I really like goats. They are small, so they are fairly easy to handle. They do escape every day, but they don't go far and they come back for feeding time. Usually they just wonder around outside the fence for an hour or so, then either take a nap on the driveway, or head back into the pasture. They get along with the other animals, but they will steal their food if allowed. I now have them fenced out of the chicken area so they wont eat all the chicken scratch. They compete with the horses, but the horses always win that battle. I have to feed the horses on one side of the barn and the goats on the other side. The very best part of goats is how well they clean up the place. I have a small 3/4 acre pond in their pasture that was overgrown with blackberries so badly that you couldn't get anywhere near the edge of the water. I bush hogged them as close as I could, but it was out of control and a problem that was getting worse every year. The goats ate them down to nothing. There isn't any sign of blackberries every existing there!!! They also ate all the leaves and branches under the trees as far up as they could get to. This really opened up the pasture to make it look a lot nicer, and also allow me to see farther into the trees, or the pasture on the other side of the trees. I sell babies for $100 to $150 very quickly. I could probably ask more, but so far, I've been picky on who I sell them to so they have good homes.

/ Start your goat business CL ad #10  
I am still laughing at your comment! You should tell us how you REALLY feel !! I'd love to hear the reason for all this emotion. :fiery:

I have a deep hatred of goats. They say hot dogs are made up of all the buttholes and other nasties left over from the butcher's floor, well goats are the same. Goats are made of all the unused bad attitudes, spitefulness, disgusting habits, and general foulness that were left over after the creation of puppies and bunnies. There's a reason the satanists use a goat head as their symbol.