Starting a new home

/ Starting a new home #161  
Scott,

Great to hear the update! We didn't go with foam but the cellulose instead. Just installing it at rough made a huge difference inside the house. Can't wait to finish out and hopefully see the positives you have!

And I'm with Eddie - More pics!! :D

Michael

/ Starting a new home #162  
I'm your neighbor up the road in Gordonville. We also used the foam insulation when we built in 2005, & have been running $150/mo electric bills cooling 3500 sf.

We are all very interested in the finished pictures of your home. It's been 7 months since you teased us with your construction pics.

Marty

/ Starting a new home
I'm your neighbor up the road in Gordonville. We also used the foam insulation when we built in 2005, & have been running $150/mo electric bills cooling 3500 sf.

We are all very interested in the finished pictures of your home. It's been 7 months since you teased us with your construction pics.

Marty

it has been a while since I have been on here. Sorry for not finishing up on this. I will post some pics this week of the house. I have still got some work to make it look like I dreamed, but it is getting there

/ Starting a new home #164  
My wife and I just finished our house which is right about the same size as yours, but we have a basement. We too chose spray foam insulation and we used 2x6 exterior walls. We haven't been through a full buffalo winter yet, but I'm guessing that the spray foam was a wise decision. The builder even let me caulk the entire perimeter on the interior of the home to prevent draft ingress. Essential, anywhere I saw light, I caulked or shot with a can of spray foam before the professionals came in with their spray foam. Our house was so tight, that we had to install an HRV unit to get enough fresh air cycling through. I never saw an issue with window condesation. It's a huge project to oversee your home construction and I know I went through a few headaches. Still not finished, but now it's all exterior work. :)