Starting a new home

/ Starting a new home
At least my grass is growing. Now i gotta mow:) The first pic was from 3-23-07 and the second pic is from today, kinda like a before and after exept from a different angle.

Attachments

• home site from shop5.JPG
    home site from shop5.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC00441.JPG
    DSC00441.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 386
   / Starting a new home #22  
saltman said:
I am planning to visit there in June and need to know of a lake close to Arlington where I can catch some bass.

Lake Fork is just an hour or two from the Dallas area, and it's considered the best bass lake in the nation. There's allot of good lakes in the area, but if I was to chose one lake to fish, it would be Lake Fork.

sr160009,

That house plan is just about perfect. Every plan has it's trade offs and strengths, but yours is very strong on it's use of space and open feel. The only thing that jumps out at me is the breakfast nook is kind of tucked into a corner, but changing that would mean redoing the entire master suite.

I copied it and will copy some of your pictures as you progress for a client that I have who just bought a piece of land and is looking at plans to build.

One thing you might want to look at is a makeup desk in the master bath. It looks like you have some room there, and it's one of those things that the wife will really appreciate.

Eddie

/ Starting a new home
EddieWalker said:
sr160009,

That house plan is just about perfect. Every plan has it's trade offs and strengths, but yours is very strong on it's use of space and open feel. The only thing that jumps out at me is the breakfast nook is kind of tucked into a corner, but changing that would mean redoing the entire master suite.

I copied it and will copy some of your pictures as you progress for a client that I have who just bought a piece of land and is looking at plans to build.

One thing you might want to look at is a makeup desk in the master bath. It looks like you have some room there, and it's one of those things that the wife will really appreciate.

Eddie

Thanks on the house plans, my wife and I drew them from scratch and it took time, lots of time. We definitly wanted an open plan and I hate wasted space, you are going to have some wasted space, but I think we will be very happy with this layout. The breakfast nook was an issue for me, because I really want it in the back of the house so we could see the pond out of the window. After some discussion, we decided we would rather have the view in the master bedroom instead (I could not have a good view out the window from every room :( )

We are going to have a makeup desk between the 2 sinks in the master bath as well.

/ Starting a new home #24  
sr160009,

Can you post a picture of your elevations? I think you did a really nice job with the floor layout and was curious what the outside was going to look like.

Thanks.

/ Starting a new home
ocaj11 said:
sr160009,

Can you post a picture of your elevations? I think you did a really nice job with the floor layout and was curious what the outside was going to look like.

Thanks.

The only thing I really have is the outside drawing from the home design program. I am pretty good as far as the floor plan on the home design program, but I am not that good when it comes to the roof and exterior walls with this program. Here is a drawing anyway. The front roof will have 2 dormers on top which this drawing does not show. The roof will have a 8 pitch and the porch roof will have a 4 pitch. Hopefully it give you an idea what it will look like, I see it more clearly in my head than in this drawing.

Attachments

• Front of home.jpg
    Front of home.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 439
  • rear of home.jpg
    rear of home.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 357
   / Starting a new home #26  
Thanks for posting. It looks pretty good to me.

I tried to use one of those programs for the last house I built and finally gave up. I certainly didn't have the patience to figure it out as well as you have.

Good Luck.

/ Starting a new home
Anyone out there know a go away rain dance. We have no new progress. It has rained every day since last Monday. I know we need to rain to fill up all of the lakes, but I need about a week or so to get the foundation poured. Then it can rain all it wants to.

/ Starting a new home
MORE AND MORE RAIN, I wish it would stop for couple of weeks. It may be a while as the weater people are predicting more rain.

Attachments

• DSC00450.JPG
    DSC00450.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC00452.JPG
    DSC00452.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 255
   / Starting a new home #29  
My wife and I are in the process of getting the construction loan approved. I can feel your pain with the rain. Right now our weather is very nice. I hope it stays that way once we get started. Keep on sending the pics. I like to get ideas from those that have gone before me.

Bryan
Lincolnton, NC

/ Starting a new home
NCDeere said:
My wife and I are in the process of getting the construction loan approved. I can feel your pain with the rain. Right now our weather is very nice. I hope it stays that way once we get started. Keep on sending the pics. I like to get ideas from those that have gone before me.

Bryan
Lincolnton, NC

Feel free to give your opinions and questions as we go forward, because this is a very overwelming experice for my wife and I.

It looks like we may make some progress this week, it has not rained in 4 days:) . Hopefully we can get the concrete poured by the end of this week. We still need to plumb everything out and bring in the sand. I hope to have a few pics by Wedsday or thursday.