Starting my bridge!!

/ Starting my bridge!!
I suspect the center is where there would be more issues because the weight on the ends is partly being transferred to the ground, but the center is where the steel has to carry the most load. I think it would be a good idea to beef up the center posts with braces.
I made rebar braces from the top of the end posts to the bottom of the center posts this morning

/ Starting my bridge!!
No load testing……
Because concrete!!

04428A0E-A3E8-479D-BE74-735423689ED8.jpeg4ADCE74D-CE35-4396-B701-96C6F78D8C62.jpeg

Also poured some concrete in the barn.

Hopefully if the weather holds up tomorrow we can load test again

/ Starting my bridge!! #215  
Looks good, good luck! Hope all goes well.

/ Starting my bridge!! #216  
I am a little late to this party. Nice looking bridge. I had to read the whole 22 pages in one sitting, so may have missed a lot.
I am wondering one thing about the load calculations on the downward force of the bridge trusses which the side rails appear to have compensated for.
Where the angle iron is welded to the thin box tubing, and the crossmembers for the boards are placed, isn't the load actually on the angle iron, and the angle iron puts a twisting load on the crossmembers? Since the truss tubes are thin walled material, and the angle iron is supported by only one side of the tubing, won't the angle iron attempt to bow the inner side of the main beams towards the center of the bridge, thereby changing all of the straight down calculations of the support members?
David from jax

/ Starting my bridge!! #217  
image sent from phone to help with above post.
David from jax

Attachments

• 20230611_100154.jpg
    20230611_100154.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
   / Starting my bridge!! #218  
And the onlookers chant...
Load test. Load test. load test.... :cautious:

/ Starting my bridge!! #219  
I would consider drilling holes in the side of the beams and either bolting large fender washers, or small plates to transfer the side load of the angle iron on the side of the tubing, which would help spread the twisting effects of the angle iron to the single side of the truss member. A lot more work, but may be worth it.
David from jax