Starting Problems - 2005 New Holland TC35A

/ Starting Problems - 2005 New Holland TC35A #31  
I can understand being intimidated by the electrical mod.

Is there anyone who you know that could help you in person do the modification?

If I was within an hours drive I'd be there tomorrow to help you.

/ Starting Problems - 2005 New Holland TC35A
That is very kind of you and I'd send you home with some fresh tomatoes and okra from my garden.
My brother in-law is actually an electrical engineer who designed power stations for two different power companies. Last year he retired and moved to Dallas. I never see him anymore and am likely not going to. Well, at least not long enough for him to actually help me on this project.
I wish there was a way you could make the design and all I had to do was splice it into a couple of wires. That I could do.
Thank you friend.

/ Starting Problems - 2005 New Holland TC35A #33  
@HotDogNewHolland - I'm with @thclimer on this... We have both (& many others) suggested this fix multiple time on this forum... It has worked on our TC40D for the past many years with no issues...

If you think you are comfortable enough installing a pre-wired starter relay mod, I could wire one up & send it out to you... You would need to splice it into you harness...

One other thing you really should check & rule out if you haven't already is make sure your Positive & Negative Battery cables are good... NH cables are known to fail even when they look good... they corrode internally which adds a tone of resistance to the circuits. Mean you will see 12+ volts with a meter but will not have the proper amperage.... I have a post somewhere that explains the testing of the cables. I'll find it & post it up here for you also...

Below is a PDF diagram that was posted a while ago by another member of this forum... It is a pretty clear outline of the NH Starter Mod...

I also attached a pic of the relay I installed on our machine

Starter Relay Added to TC40D.jpg

Attachments

• Starting Circuit Modification.pdf
    99.3 KB · Views: 64
   / Starting Problems - 2005 New Holland TC35A #34  
@HotDogNewHolland - Here is the info I mentioned on testing the battery cables....

This is some info that I have posted previously that may help with the diagnosis....

Cable Test:
Older New Holland battery cables often corrode inside the terminal where it is sometimes impossible to see; not sure it was an issue with your particular yr / model... You will often have voltage so everything seems good. (gauges & all are working). So you will have voltage but they will not supply the required Amperage.

You can test if there is an issue with your existing battery cables pretty simply.

Remove the negative battery cable & then take a negative jumper cable wire and place it on the bare negative post of your tractor battery. Connect the other end to a solid clean ground of the tractor (bare metal location). Try starting the tractor & see if that makes a difference...

If that doesn't change anything you can do the same process on the positive post. Disconnect the Negative jumper from the Battery terminal. Then using your positive jumper cable attach one end to where the positive battery cable connects to the starter (connect this end first), and the other end to the positive battery post (last). Make sure the jumper cable is not able to arc to near by metal. Now reconnect the Negative jumper cable to the battery & try starting the tractor again & see if that changes anything...

Doing this process you basically bypassed the battery cables on the machine

/ Starting Problems - 2005 New Holland TC35A
I will try the battery cable bypass this evening and let you know tomorrow as long as I can get to it. It was 103 here yesterday and I could only tolerate a few moments at a time outside. This wasn’t an issue when I was young, but age has taken its toll.

I also intend to re-inspect every wire to make sure there is nothing loose or corroded in areas I can see.

If that doesn't clear up this issue I'll let you know about the pre-wired relay offer. As long as I can safely identify the correct wires to splice into, then YES I would greatly appreciate your doing so. I will reimburse you for all expenses.
Thank you friend for you generous offer.

/ Starting Problems - 2005 New Holland TC35A #36  
Oh my 103 is way too hot, I know what you mean about not being able to tolerate the heat as you age, its happened to me also.

I would be very surprised if the starting circuit modification does not solve your consistent starting issue.