Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #371  
I’m not, and never would be a Facebooker, because as far as I’m concerned well, I’m not going to go into that, but I’m not a Facebooker, let’s just leave it at that
All that you had to do was follow the link from their website.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #374  
Wimpy…not always a bad thing. Made in USA…not always a good thing.

I suspect many of us put less than 100 hours a year on our machines total and we run them ourselves, not with some Bubba abusing them.

My MTL grapple was less than 1/2 the price of a “good” one and has done all I have asked of it. None of my attachments are “top of the line”. Even my tractor is a cheap LS POS and not a Kubota or Deere. Good enough for this yahoo.

If someone has the $$$, doing a lot of heavy work, a commercial user, or just wants bragging rights, paying more for something better might make sense. For most of us, good enough is good enough.

Even a bicycle beats walking IHO.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #375  
I don't have an account either, but am able to access some business pages, including theirs.
I never am able to open Fakebook links

/ Status of Everything Attachments #376  
Wimpy…not always a bad thing. Made in USA…not always a good thing.

I suspect many of us put less than 100 hours a year on our machines total and we run them ourselves, not with some Bubba abusing them.

My MTL grapple was less than 1/2 the price of a “good” one and has done all I have asked of it. None of my attachments are “top of the line”. Even my tractor is a cheap LS POS and not a Kubota or Deere. Good enough for this yahoo.

If someone has the $$$, doing a lot of heavy work, a commercial user, or just wants bragging rights, paying more for something better might make sense. For most of us, good enough is good enough.

Even a bicycle beats walking IHO.
I guess you and I are different in that respect.
I try to buy top shelf stuff, and keep it for a long time.
I bought my eXmark Lazer Z the spring after my divorce in 2000, paid $8200 for it.
Clutch went out on it last summer in the height of mowing season, traded for a year old lazer Z from my eXmark dealer And he gave me $3300 for my old one with a fried clutch.

Mowed 10 acres for 20 years for less that 5 k depreciation, I can’t complain.

My F-150 is 10 years old, hope to get another 10 out of her, if I even last that long…

I don’t drink (much), gamble, chase women, or do drugs, gotta spend my money somewhere so….

I have nice toys!

/ Status of Everything Attachments #377  
I guess you and I are different in that respect.
I try to buy top shelf stuff, and keep it for a long time.
I bought my eXmark Lazer Z the spring after my divorce in 2000, paid $8200 for it.
Clutch went out on it last summer in the height of mowing season, traded for a year old lazer Z from my eXmark dealer And he gave me $3300 for my old one with a fried clutch.

Mowed 10 acres for 20 years for less that 5 k depreciation, I can’t complain.

My F-150 is 10 years old, hope to get another 10 out of her, if I even last that long…

I don’t drink (much), gamble, chase women, or do drugs, gotta spend my money somewhere so….

I have nice toys!
Never thought of a Bobcat tractor as “top shelf” So learned something.

I used to have three Kreighoff shotguns but I shot competitively at the time. Most people have no idea what they are but Google is your friend. I justified them to be competitive and lost less than $5000 when I sold them. You don’t go to the World Championships with a Remington 870 or 1100.

I doubt my cheap MTL grapple hinders what I need to do. If spending double makes you feel better, enjoy! Not worth it to me. Just like an $18,000 shotgun seems stupid to you.

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #378  
Been following this here and other places as well.

Don't have much to add, other than I'm disappointed that an established business didn't protect their most valuable asset.... Their customers.

There are others who will feel the impact of this as well. Like material suppliers, employees, and the local economy there.

In today's world, maybe the best policy is to not pay for something you can't take delivery of at time of payment.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #379  
EA has been in business since 2007. No reason to suspect that this would happen.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #380  
EA has been in business since 2007. No reason to suspect that this would happen.
Good point. But the warning signs were there.

Reputable businesses do not charge your CC until the product ships. If they need your money to make/source what you are buying it is a big red flag. They do not have the cash flow they need. A company doing business for that many years should have had decent cash flow...their stuff was not cheap and they had high margins.

We do not know the full story and may never know. The owner cannot comment as there will be litigation and he would be a fool to post something on the internet.

All folks can do is mitigate their loss and learn from this. Paying in advance is OK if the delivery of an item is within the dispute period of your credit card. I buy a lot of stuff on the web but never anything with a lead time greater than a month.

It does not require over 3 months to build an attachment and it appears EA had minimal inventory of finished goods ready to ship. The money was going somewhere.