Steak cooking methods

/ Steak cooking methods #61  
As far as resting, etc. Each and everyone of us has their methods. There is no right or wrong way to cook a steak.... well...... We will have to agree to disagree. I will say this. My step son is a chef, degree'd, years of experience, etc. After I prepared a $200+ Prime Rib roast on our charcoal grill, he told me he "was never doing the Christmas roast again. That's all on you now". This was a few years ago.....

roast.jpeg

/ Steak cooking methods #62  
There is always a pile of juice on my plate. When I cut the steak open, juice runs out.

Leave the same good tender piece of delicious meat on the plate for 20 minutes and come back to it, its like a totally different steak.

I don't think anyone lets a steak rest 20 minutes. It would be cold.

5 minutes is plenty of resting time.

/ Steak cooking methods #63  

And in that 5 min time, your lovely steak just got cold....... No need I tell you.

/ Steak cooking methods #64  
That simply isn’t true. It takes more than 5 minutes for a steak to get cold, though I don't let mine rest that long.
This is honestly the first time ever that I’ve seen someone suggest that resting meat after cooking isn’t necessary. If I’m not mistaken, Alton Brown even did a segment on it.

/ Steak cooking methods #65  
And in that 5 min time, your lovely steak just got cold....... No need I tell you.

I think I would know if it was cold.

No, it doesn't get cold in 5 minutes. I wouldn't do it, if it did.

It doesn't even get cold before I finish eating it.

/ Steak cooking methods #66  
Something else that is not recommended...taking a steak off the grill right onto a cold plate...the plate should be close to the outside temp of the steak...IMO...

/ Steak cooking methods #68  

It takes me about 10-15 minutes to eat a plate full of food. So every bite of steak eaten after about half way through has rested. I don't notice the last bites being any better than the first

/ Steak cooking methods #69  
Just chunk the steak up into bite sized pieces, poke a green stick into them and hold them over hot wood coals till done as you like. Do it one chunk at a time so your eating a hot one and brazing the next one.

As for the "resting" time on your Palate will do just fine.

If your using quality meat it don't need marinades or sauce.

/ Steak cooking methods #70  
Just chunk the steak up into bite sized pieces, poke a green stick into them and hold them over hot wood coals till done as you like. Do it one chunk at a time so your eating a hot one and brazing the next one.

As for the "resting" time on your Palate will do just fine.

If your using quality meat it don't need marinades or sauce.
Once ate at a steakhouse with a alternate, although similar method. They brought your steak out off the grill - been on just barely long enough to get stripes. Along with the steak was a slab of polished granite? approx. 2" thick x maybe 8" x 8". Stone slab was very hot. Cut off and cook every bite to your taste with last bite as hot as the first. A little different, but very good steak somewhere in Savannah, GA.