Steel spacers for filled tires?

/ Steel spacers for filled tires? #1  

Comancheria

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC33DA 2005
Thinking of getting spacers on my TYM 2515.
Not sure if I should go with just rears or get fronts too.
I have lots of rolling hills here in N Ga.

My
Tires are filled and I’m not
Looking forward to fighting them going on and off.
Be nice to have a go jack for tractor tires.
I was also thinking I could fashion a sling around the wheel with a heavy strap and use my engine hoist to jack it into place when I’m ready to go back on.

Keep in mind I’m new to the tractor life and not an expert by any means at this stuf although I’ve been an auto mechanic for 35 years so I have some mechanical skills.

/ Steel spacers for filled tires? #2  
If it makes you feel more comfortable than do it.

/ Steel spacers for filled tires?
I actually found a large go jack at Harbor freight that should do the trick lifting loaded tires.

I emailed Bro-Tek three days ago, no reply yet.

/ Steel spacers for filled tires? #4  
I'm not familiar with this tractor, but many medium and large tractors) with a 2 pc wheel have several widths available using different mountain of the dish to the wheel and reversing the dish.
Spacers on the front will not gain any side hill stability.
The loaded tire/wheel is best maneuvered to lean against a close truck bumper or tree ect. They're manageable when kept within 5-10* vertically. Any doubts, find another set of hands. They get heavy real fast beyond 10 degrees off plumb (vertical).👍

^^^
Yes Sir….I e got a block wall right nearby to lean a tire upon .
Picked up a large go jack from Harbor Freight to help lift the tire into position .
Yes the wheels are one piece deep dish so flipping them is not possible so spacers would be my only option.
It seems in this stock configuration that the front tires stick out about 3” or more than the rears already so spacers in the rear would give it an even stance at least.
Yeah it would be silly to add front spacers for many reasons.

Last edited:
   / Steel spacers for filled tires? #6  
I did this last spring on the MX5200. Used a forklift to remove the tires, just slid the forks under the tire, raised that corner of the machine. Put a jack stand under it and then used the forklift to pull the tire off and away.
Replaced in reverse order... they were loaded and I was very glad I had another set off hands when it came time to balance and scooch the tire back on using a long pry bar. Do not underestimate the tire weight

^^^^ I won’t.
I’ll have a couple Son in laws at the ready.

/ Steel spacers for filled tires? #8  
I bought the best I could find. Not cheap but not disappointed either. I used a bolt marker after torquing everything per the spacer instructions and tractor specs. Bro-Tek is worth the wait.

I bought the best I could find. Not cheap but not disappointed either. I used a bolt marker after torquing everything per the spacer instructions and tractor specs. Bro-Tek is worth the wait.
I wish they would email me back.
Been waiting to see if they have what I need.

/ Steel spacers for filled tires? #10  
I wish they would email me back.
Been waiting to see if they have what I need.
Call him. The number is on the website. I put 3" on the rear and 2" on the front.