Steering chatter/ studder ck2610

/ Steering chatter/ studder ck2610 #1  

mmecsics

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti ck2510 hst
Have about 30 hours on my 2610 now. I have noticed that once it'sエ warmed up, it seems to have a steering chatter/ studder while making turns. Ive checked the hydraulic fluid level, checked to make sure the steering wheel nut is tight, and it will do it at any rpm. Anyone have any ideas before I call the dealer. Thanks.

/ Steering chatter/ studder ck2610 #2  
Have about 30 hours on my 2610 now. I have noticed that once it'sエ warmed up, it seems to have a steering chatter/ studder while making turns. Ive checked the hydraulic fluid level, checked to make sure the steering wheel nut is tight, and it will do it at any rpm. Anyone have any ideas before I call the dealer. Thanks.
I have right at 50hrs ok my 2610. I have the same issue. It may be my imagination but it seems my hydraulics get a little weak as well. Hoping the 50hr service helps.

/ Steering chatter/ studder ck2610
I don稚 think it痴 your imagination, because I feel the same. I知 not very impressed with the kl2610 loader either. I asked my dealer about a upgrade when i purchased it, and was told it would void the warranty. Now I see the tractors are coming with a kl4030 loader. Which should be a huge improvement

/ Steering chatter/ studder ck2610 #4  
I don稚 think it痴 your imagination, because I feel the same. I知 not very impressed with the kl2610 loader either. I asked my dealer about a upgrade when i purchased it, and was told it would void the warranty. Now I see the tractors are coming with a kl4030 loader. Which should be a huge improvement
I was told the same thing. I'm happy with the tractor otherwise. The 4030 loader is $4300 without trade in. Dealer is unsure of what he can offer on the kl2610 on trade.

Last edited:
   / Steering chatter/ studder ck2610 #5  
Im not experiencing this. Im always in 4 wheel drive though. I'm at about 75 hours. Have done my 50 hour service already. What are you two running in when this occurs?

My dealer and I had a discussion about this loader change in fact this weekend. He's been a 5 paw dealer for years, even traveling to Korea a couple times. His thoughts on this are two fold. They decided to simplify the line so as not to carry a single FEL for a Single tractor after they determined this other could fit and fit several tractor models. But there is no evidence that this 2610 tractor can perform any better with it than before or fully take advantage of anything it offers. The numbers don't mean much more than the tractor can provide to it. He believes its a cost savings move and assembly line simplification more than anything. It simplifies the parts lines and inventory from this point forward. If it provides a little benefit its unmeasurable and yet thats just fine and dandy and if it sells a unit and people believe it does then good. He knows of no side by side comparison that shows its an advantage and seriously doubts its measurable in the 2610. fact is for the years it was made the loader matched that tractor and met its needs. They simply do not want to continue to make an orphan unit the 2610 for the 2610 when they can make one unit to fill all the demands. Who knows. But specifications are specifications. They are "paper". Real world is totally different.

Heres a 2610 ripping out some privit hedge by the roots today. You gotta work it around though. Several angles before the roots give way and pull out. But it seems to me its then more the tractor doing most that work and or bogging when it hits roots than it is the loaders capability... I am guessing. But it does it.. it does the work.

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Hard to explain the steering chatter, happens at random times. As for the loader, Im pretty sure the 2610 has the same hydraulic pump as the bigger tractors, so it will run the loader the same as the bigger ones, I知 guessing 4030 loader either has better angles for more lifting power, or bigger cylinders for more power. I just feel that my loader is lacking. I honestly feel that my ck2510 had more lifting power. Probably because it had a smaller bucket.

/ Steering chatter/ studder ck2610 #7  
Feelings are one thing but I doubt your going to achieve more with the different loader. The limiting factor being the HP Weight ratio of the tractors. And you'll note that you can stall the tractor down while doing things that involve the pump. Like a grapple. So the HP does affect the ability to drive that pump. Id love to have both side by side and thats the only way you can probably try and determine it. Same tractor same conditions both loaders.

i agree, im more worried about the weird chatter in the steering wheel. Im hoping a quality fluid will help the chatter, 50 hour service is coming up, and my dealer told me he uses the generic fluid from sams at his shop.

/ Steering chatter/ studder ck2610 #9  
Did you say you were in 2 wheel drive or 4?

It will do it in 2 or 4 wheel drive.