Steering wheel knob placement

/ Steering wheel knob placement #21  
Most newer tractors have hydrostatic power steering and the steering wheel will not remain in the same position. Your profile does not show what tractor you have so it's unknown if you have such a tractor. You can still put a knob on, just be aware that it will not remain at the same position.
That's how mine is. I initially thought I'd put it so I could flip the seat up without it interfering. That didn't work. It drifts and ends up in a different position every time I shut down. Still, it's nice to have it anywhere so I don't have to grab the super-hot black steering wheel on a sunny day

/ Steering wheel knob placement #22  
AS others already covered....doesnt matter it wont stay with true powersteering. Only works on power assist where there is still a mechanical linkage.

I dont ever have any issues with just one. By the time it locates itself to the other side that arm was ready for a rest anyway.

I would think if I had two knobs...the unused knob would constantly be banging my elbow as I turn or getting hung up on my coat
I rarely wear anything other than a Tee shirt when using the tractors and in cold weather the heat is on anyway. 2 knobs seem symmetrical to me anyway.

/ Steering wheel knob placement #23  
On my BX24 steering wheel, they tilt inward a bit, due to the rim shape. It seemed awkward at first, but still works fine and I don't even notice it now. Never catch my coat sleeves. So, don't worry about them sitting upright at 90 degrees from the plane of the wheel. I have the larger rubber-coated no-names from Tractor Supply.

/ Steering wheel knob placement #24  
What's wrong with just palming the wheel? I've got hydro and at most I ever need to do is use my index finger next to a spoke in the wheel.

/ Steering wheel knob placement #25  
I put one one the TORO+Loader. Doesn't take long to get used to it not returning to the same position:
P5130006.JPG

Try it you will like it (y) .

/ Steering wheel knob placement #26  
I'm right handed and I like mine in the 11:00 position. I sit high on my tractor do when driving I likey arm across the wheel, right hand on Spinner. When using the Loader a lot, the left hand is comfortable at 11:00

/ Steering wheel knob placement #27  
What's wrong with just palming the wheel? I've got hydro and at most I ever need to do is use my index finger next to a spoke in the wheel.
Dirty, Dusty, muddy hands slide on the wheel, even easy steering hydros. Spinners are great.

/ Steering wheel knob placement #28  
That's what I've always heard them called too, not sure why.

I agree with LD1, 2 knobs would just get in the way.

It's interesting how new ideas are often eliminated before they are even tried...

The second knob has never been in the way...and one or the other is used 100% of the time!

Having 2 suicide knobs ranks right up there with hydraulic Top N Tilt for being the best mod on the tractor...and it was only $16.95 for the 2nd Kubota branded knob!

Cheapest mod you can do...costs less than a pizza, and it's way longer lasting!

//TJ

/ Steering wheel knob placement #30  
Mine's at 10 o'clock on my L3800. Steer with my left hand, right hand does the loader joystick & three point. When I'm going straight ahead, it's never changed position in 8 years.
Also have one on an Ingersoll 4020PS hydraulic steering. That one is all over the place.