Steering wheel knob placement

/ Steering wheel knob placement #11  
As mentioned, the steering wheel does not remain aligned with the wheels...

Which is why I put on 2 suicide knobs, opposite from each other.

I can always find a comfortable position and the unused knob has never been in the way on my MX6000.

//Terry
Not a bad idea, I may try that as well.

/ Steering wheel knob placement #12  
I had one on my Deere 2305 years ago. I like to keep an eye on the work so I would loose the knob while tilling and looking backwards, then I would have to hunt for that "disappearing knob" when I came to the end of the row.

/ Steering wheel knob placement #13  
My BX24 has two on it, as they do move around, and therefore one is always in a convenient position. I never bang or bump them... go with two!

/ Steering wheel knob placement #15  
AS others already covered....doesnt matter it wont stay with true powersteering. Only works on power assist where there is still a mechanical linkage.
Not a bad idea, I may try that as well.
I dont ever have any issues with just one. By the time it locates itself to the other side that arm was ready for a rest anyway.

I would think if I had two knobs...the unused knob would constantly be banging my elbow as I turn or getting hung up on my coat

/ Steering wheel knob placement #16  
When we were kids we called those steering wheel knobs “Brodie Knobs” because they were used for going into a sideways sliding stop on dirt roads, called a Brodie. Not sure where the rerm came from.

/ Steering wheel knob placement #17  
When doing a lot of loader and logging work a lot of time is spent "positioning" the tractor. Jigging back and forth which requires a lot of steering wheel spinning. This is where a steering knob is very helpful. But as already stated it never stays in the same place on a hydro style steering. I have never found this a big problem once I got used to it.
If you wonder whether you have this type watch the brand in the centre of the wheel. For me the K for Kubota constantly changes position

/ Steering wheel knob placement #19  
I recall them being called "suicide knobs".
That's what I've always heard them called too, not sure why.

I remember having a helluva time finding one that fit my tractor, the autoparts store ones seemed to be made for wheels that were considerably thicker than those on a tractor, and it wouldn't stay in place. Finally found one on Amazon that fit well.

I agree with LD1, 2 knobs would just get in the way.

/ Steering wheel knob placement #20  
That's what I've always heard them called too, not sure why.

I remember having a helluva time finding one that fit my tractor, the autoparts store ones seemed to be made for wheels that were considerably thicker than those on a tractor, and it wouldn't stay in place. Finally found one on Amazon that fit well.

I agree with LD1, 2 knobs would just get in the way.

With the tires and steering wheel set up straight ahead, I put mine on at the ten o'clock position. With hydrostatic steering it is supposed to move around - and it can if I force it, but I usually find that it back at same ten o'clock position.
Having two wouldn't help me, just be in the way. But I sure do use it a lot.

Don't overthink this. It's easy to change.