Steering

/ Steering #1  

Klittle2616

Tractor
2021 Kioti CK2610 HST
21 Kioti CK2610 - This may be just me but I have ask to since my warranty only has a few months left. I’ve noticed lately that when I make sharp turns or a little less than sharp turns, the front wheels turn but tractor keeps going straight, like the wheels aren’t grabbing. At first I thought it was just wet grass, mud, etc but I’ve noticed it on packed gravel as well. It happens with the box blade and the back hoe attached. Maybe too heavy on back end? Steers like I’m on ice. I don’t remember this happening in the past but maybe it’s just me looking for problems that aren’t there. Can’t imagine what could be broken since everything turns. Anyone else notice this?

/ Steering #2  
Sounds like your differential lock is stuck. With both rear wheels locked they tend to push in a straight line forward reducing steering by the front wheels.

/ Steering #3  
Do you have hydraulic steering? If yes it could be related.

/ Steering #4  
Having a weight box hung out beyond the rear tires lightens the front axle load. Put some suitcase weights on the font to put some downforce on the front tires.

/ Steering
Sounds like your differential lock is stuck. With both rear wheels locked they tend to push in a straight line forward reducing steering by the front wheels.
I’ll check the diff lock

/ Steering #7  
It’s only a small possibility that the diff is locked/stuck on a new tractor. More likely that you have the 4x4 still engaged? Does the tractor have a FEL?

/ Steering #8  
I received a new NX a few years ago and quickly discovered the steering was intermittent where sometimes turning the steering wheel resulted in the wheels turning normally and sometimes the wheels did not turn normally and sometimes they did not turn at all. I even had it where I could turn the steering wheel and it never hit a stop. The Kioti power steering setup uses hydraulic cylinders coupled directly to the steering knuckles on the front axle. The dealer said the steering system probably had a bad seal or something and they said they could take it back and fix it.

I told them I would not receive a new tractor that was not working properly and to take it back and give me another new tractor, which they did.

/ Steering
Thank you. It was in fact the diff lock. Probably would not have realized that without this post. Thanks!