Step & Receiver Hitch Modifications

/ Step & Receiver Hitch Modifications #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
Had the step modified so I could put both feet on it at the same time. This is required until my left leg heals from a rare nerve disorder (DA) up to a year or so from now.

Also, had a receiver hitch welded to the bucket so I can put various attachments in it including but not limited to a garbage can grabber (not shown). Have a longer driveway, and this will save me some walking.

Yooper Dave

Attachments

• step 1aa.jpeg
    step 1aa.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 225
  • bucket1aa.jpeg
    bucket1aa.jpeg
    404.2 KB · Views: 224
   / Step & Receiver Hitch Modifications #2  
Nice work. Used a stair grate step on a tractor and really liked it. I’m sure it saved me from many falls.

/ Step & Receiver Hitch Modifications #3  
(y) Mods like that are the best.

gg

/ Step & Receiver Hitch Modifications #4  
I like the step. The receiver on top of the bucket has some uses, but a lot less than i expected when I did mine. It's too high for most trailers to work easily, but things like your garbage can grabber might be fine.

/ Step & Receiver Hitch Modifications #5  
I like the step. The receiver on top of the bucket has some uses, but a lot less than i expected when I did mine. It's too high for most trailers to work easily, but things like your garbage can grabber might be fine.

Mine was welded underneath the lip, so it is low enough for all of my trailers.

/ Step & Receiver Hitch Modifications #6  
UP Dave... I like the idea of the step big enough for both feet.. Going up stairs I use my good knee first.. Going down stairs I step with my bad knee first... On occasion when I forget and use the wrong knee going the wrong way I have landed on my back side for my forgetfulness... This would not be good if I'm at the top of the stairs or ladder...

/ Step & Receiver Hitch Modifications #7  
Had the step modified so I could put both feet on it at the same time. This is required until my left leg heals from a rare nerve disorder (DA) up to a year or so from now.

Also, had a receiver hitch welded to the bucket so I can put various attachments in it including but not limited to a garbage can grabber (not shown). Have a longer driveway, and this will save me some walking.

Yooper Dave
Many people in my neck of the woods leave their cans at the street year round and take the bags to the can when they leave for work. We are required to bag trash and the cans are raccoon proof so it works out.