Stihl Kombi-system

/ Stihl Kombi-system #1  

Steve_Miller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kioti CK30HST
Anyone have any experience with this system. looking at the KM 56 model to use the trimmer, blade, tiller and maybe the blower. All input welcome, main concern was whether the 56 has enough power to work the tiller in bark mulch?

Thanks
Steve

/ Stihl Kombi-system #2  
I have one, can not recall which power pack (will look when next out to machine shed) but it works very well. Easy to swap tools. Pole saw blade has small oil tank, uses two tanks oil to one tank gas so must keep an eye on levels. It has extension pole so can reach many limbs but must be careful to avoid pinching blade. Paddle sweeper is a bit heavy but does work well. Tiller does good work but a bit big for between rows, (will plant farther apart next year). I would not try to break sod for new garden (but I have a bigger tiller). Next tool I get will be the power scythe.

/ Stihl Kombi-system #3  
I can't speak for the Kombi-System but the Stihl blower, chain saw, tiller, and pole saw in my arsenal have been faithful work horses for years.

/ Stihl Kombi-system #4  
Can't address your power head question-I have a KM 130 with the pole primer and paddle sweeper. I don't use either of the tools all that much, making the Kombi ideal for those applications. I am completely satisfied, and will buy a trimmer if my FS 85 ever breaks.

Will

/ Stihl Kombi-system #5  
I have the system and been using it for several years and am very pleased. Worked perfect without any problems at all. Think we bought the largest powerhead and the tiller,weed wackier, pole saw, and hedge trimmer all have more than enough power with it.

/ Stihl Kombi-system #6  
I checked mine, it is the KM 110 power head.

/ Stihl Kombi-system #7  
From ones that have owned that system, the K90 is the minimum you want to go. Most shoot for the 110 or 130.

/ Stihl Kombi-system #8  
KM130 with the tiller here.

Probably could get away with the 110, but for the little added cost and basically no added weight, just as well to go big

/ Stihl Kombi-system #9  
My wife bought mine as a birthday gift, came with just the pole saw tool for strimming my shooting lanes for tree stands. Advice from shop was it was more than enough. Now that we are adding other tools, suppose we could have gone bigger. The tiller works very well on this power head, do not think bigger would matter for this job. Paddle broom might benefit from more power.

/ Stihl Kombi-system #10  
Bought the KM130 with tiller, blower, trimmer and power scythe this spring. Very happy with the system, got the largest power unit because I might be tempted with the paddle broom and edger. Blower pushes a lot more air on this power level.

I believe the tiller would need more than the KM56, but not sure.

Power scythe has been a bit disappointing. Works well if you have some sparse weeds/grass to cut (along my pond edge) but it has been a struggle to use efficiently in a fully grassed/weeded area.