Still looking for a glass seiment bowl

/ Still looking for a glass seiment bowl #1  

Eyecatcher

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar EX450, Ford 8N/2N, Case 580C backhoe, Massey 185
We accidently broke the sediment bowl on the old Massey 85 we're trying to get running. agcopartsbook.com says it's part# 1004498M1. I have found a number of replacements that say they will work, but this one is 2" diameter, by 1 5/8" tall. Anybody got one laying around? The sediment bowl assy mounts in line with a great big bold through a bracket. I think the entire unit would be hard to find. Probably have to jury rig something. Got the injection pump gone through, It was pretty interesting. Hope it's gonna work, had a lot of water and "snot" in it from setting.

/ Still looking for a glass seiment bowl
That's the problem - that one says it's only 1.28" tall - I need 1 5/8" tall.

/ Still looking for a glass seiment bowl #4  
Any tractor graveyards in your area ? That would be a place to look.

/ Still looking for a glass seiment bowl #6  
Last edited:
   / Still looking for a glass seiment bowl
Went and measured the broken bowl again. 2 1/8 X 1 5/8. From what I see, the 1004498M1 references a short bowl (1.28) and a long bowl (2 1/4) Don't know where mine falls in there. Mayhap someone has swapped it out for something else. Guess I should find one with a bail to fit it.

/ Still looking for a glass seiment bowl #8  
Went and measured the broken bowl again. 2 1/8 X 1 5/8. From what I see, the 1004498M1 references a short bowl (1.28) and a long bowl (2 1/4) Don't know where mine falls in there. Mayhap someone has swapped it out for something else. Guess I should find one with a bail to fit it.

Have you tried the Tractor Supply in Palatka, they would certainly have what you need or could order it. Highway 19 between 20 and 100.