Stir/Shaken

/ Stir/Shaken #21  
Not saying your spammer is a liar, but it seems it would be easier to just use an autodialer and let it go.
It probably would, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the intent was just to make crank calls as much as it was to scam -- in which case the people most likely to be annoyed are those that registered their numbers as "do not call"

Though with all the different sorts of people there are 🤷‍♂️

/ Stir/Shaken
It's been 9 days since Stir/Shaken was activated. Since then have only gotten 1 scam call. Anybody else notice a reduction?

/ Stir/Shaken #23  
Nope, if anything I had a massive increase in spam/unknown callers & texters this week compared to weeks prior....

/ Stir/Shaken #25  
My home phone was killed by lightning yet again, so I don't know if anybody is calling here. I had two on my cell phone yesterday... as soon as I hung up on the first one it began ringing again from a different number.

/ Stir/Shaken #27  
Do you REALLY think the major phone companies want to limit spam calls. They add $$$ to their bottom line. Their lawyers probably analyzed the laws requirements and found a work around the law that still let calls go through.

Come on folks. Follow the $$$.

/ Stir/Shaken #28  
Didn't work. Got one an hour ago. But.... I have noticed that the amount of calls have dropped way down. Used to get 4 or 5 a day. Now I'm getting just a couple a week.

/ Stir/Shaken #29  
I still get at least 5 per day. Auto warrantee is the biggest.

/ Stir/Shaken #30  
Do you REALLY think the major phone companies want to limit spam calls. They add $$$ to their bottom line. Their lawyers probably analyzed the laws requirements and found a work around the law that still let calls go through.

Come on folks. Follow the $$$.

I think you are onto the right approach here. WHY?

I went from one cell provider that typically got 5 to 8 robo or spam calls per day on my number. Switched to another cell provider and brought over my OLD number that got those calls.

GUESS what, 3 months going and only 2 calls in that entire 90 days.

So, I do think those cell companies are indeed get paid on the sly, no different than advertising across the web.

I see how Diggin It took matters into his own hands and has a nearly call spam free life now. See page-1 in this thread.