stone coated metal shingles

/ stone coated metal shingles
   / stone coated metal shingles #12  
I have been around the building materials game most of my life, have sold lots of new and improved materials, some real novel stuff......and have built a couple of homes. Seen a more than few new products come....and seen quite a few new products go.

One thing I am convinced of: I will not be the first to try a new product anymore. Seems I have been bitten too often. Composite lumber decking, heat pump, composite siding, all-in-one furnace.....the list goes on. If I'm putting it on my house...it's gotta have a reasonable track record and test results. I'm tired of being the feild tester....or guinea pig.

Now....those steel shingles look interesting.....hmmmm......

/ stone coated metal shingles #13  
I went with Classic Metals country manor aluminum shingles about 10 years ago, still looks new. They weren't inexpensive, but quite easy to install. I know they didn't have stone coated, but if you are looking at alternatives, have a look at whatever they offer now.

/ stone coated metal shingles #14  
Re: stone coated metal shingles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went with Classic Metals country manor aluminum shingles about 10 years ago, still looks new. They weren't inexpensive, but quite easy to install. I know they didn't have stone coated, but if you are looking at alternatives, have a look at whatever they offer now.

How does the snow/rain come off? I'd like to keep my gutters on as they are one piece, and very sturdy. They do not reccommend them for ribbed roofs...

Does the snow come off slower than ribbed?

/ stone coated metal shingles
Just wondering on that pitch snow diverters are they needed or are they just asking to get avalanched off. We dont really have snow stay on the roof now with the pitch, are my gutters gonners?

/ stone coated metal shingles #16  
I have about a 6:12 pitch, with fantastic roof insulation, so the snow sticks until the sun melts it, then it all slides off, usually all at once ( you know if when you hear it). I have gutterless gutters, so I don't have that issue, sorry I couldn't be more help.
Marty

/ stone coated metal shingles #17  
Hi Marty, Thanks for the reply. If you would, PM me and let me know if you are close enough to us that we can check out your roof. There is a fella in New Haven with one and he LOVES it!