Stopping re growth of cut brush

/ Stopping re growth of cut brush #11  
A third endorsement for Crossbow or Rural King's equivalent CrossRoad, which is easier to find in North Florida.

The addition of Triclopyr seems to kill roots more effectively if rain follows application by four to forty-eight hours.

/ Stopping re growth of cut brush #13  
RM43 is my favorite, over the counter, total vegetation control. I just bought a 2 1/2 gallon jug of it for $110 to spray my roads and fences. Hopefully I'll be able to do it tomorrow. It's not like roundup, where you have to spray the leaves to kill stuff. With RM43, if you spray it, it's dead!!!

I haven't bought it from Home Depot before, but here is a link so you'll know what I'm talking about.

The primary active ingredient being glyphosphate makes it exactly like Roundup. Generic Roundup is what is in the jug. Actually a pretty hot formulation.
Not particularly effective on woody stemmed growth.

/ Stopping re growth of cut brush #14  
I buy the generic version of roundup and it kills all the grass and weeds that I spray it with. In a few months, stuff will start to grow there again. 2 1/2 gallons costs me about $45

When I spray RM43, nothing comes back for the rest of the year. It kills saplings, poison ivy, blackberries and everything else that I spray it on.

There is more in that container then just glyphosphate. I was very hesitant to pay over twice as much for it because I also noticed that it had the same ingredient in it as Roundup, but it's percentage is a little higher. I've used it the last two years and it's worth the extra cost considering I only have to spray my fences once the entire year.

/ Stopping re growth of cut brush
Thanks guys, Crossbow and RM43 are on my radar.

/ Stopping re growth of cut brush #16  
Any advice on when I should start spraying? I'm in year 2 and it looks like a lot of junk is growing back.

The sooner the better?

Looks like every weedy tree i cut last year is sprouting new growth!

I'm thinking round up today for the grasses and tomorrow cross bow for the trees?

/ Stopping re growth of cut brush #17  
While RM43 has glyphosphate it is much longer lasting. Roundup for me works for about 2 weeks and then weeds are back. RM43 lasts most of the summer, based on how much rain we get. But I use for mulched areas, not stumps.
For stumps I use toothbar on fel or Backhoe.

/ Stopping re growth of cut brush #18  
'Stumps'/cuts stand up pretty well to spraying. I 'paint them' using glypho or-based with surfactant and at 40% concentration from the jug. If felled by saw I soak the outer 2" of the cut with a brush. (30+ 4"-30" dia elms & counting, many stumps to grind)

Survivors may re-sprout from the cuts or from the ground. Respraying the new growth just as it leafs out usually works to finish 'em. Most anything smaller that 4" dia gets yanked out vs cut down and 'painted'.

/ Stopping re growth of cut brush #19  
Last Christmas Santa brought me a Husky handlebar style brush cutter. Now having exercised said cutter, I’m wondering what is the most effective and perhaps the least expensive chemical I can spray on the stumps to prevent future re-growth?
if any one has a magic potion commercial or home brewed, I would sincerely appreciate a heads up.
Thanks....
B. John
I mix remedy with oil ( I use some veg oil) in a Jar, Then apply with a paint brush after cutting. Of course, depends on how many since this is very manual...

/ Stopping re growth of cut brush #20  
Last Christmas Santa brought me a Husky handlebar style brush cutter. Now having exercised said cutter, I’m wondering what is the most effective and perhaps the least expensive chemical I can spray on the stumps to prevent future re-growth?
if any one has a magic potion commercial or home brewed, I would sincerely appreciate a heads up.
Thanks....
B. John
Round-up or the new equivalent (same % of chemicals) has done wonders for me. I dilute the stuff 5 to one or even thinner in a Windex spray bottle or pump sprayer. One small spritz on the stem will do it. It's time consuming but it works. I've done it with pretty invasive brush with great success.