Storing a B26 in a sea container

/ Storing a B26 in a sea container #1  

lakeside

Silver Member
Tractor
B26, G11000 generator and a G1800
Does anyone know the dimensions of a B26? I'm looking at buying a B26 this spring and then buying a used 20' sea container to convert into a storage shed. The 20' seacan's internal dimension are:

7'8" wide (2.33m)

7'10" high (2.38m)

Door height: 7'6" high.

Total interior length: 19'4"

Ideally I'd leave the ROPS up, but if I have to, I could fold it to park in the seacan.

Thanks

/ Storing a B26 in a sea container #2  
Do you mind divulging a ballpark cost of a a 20 footer now. I would think that prices have dropped considering the price of steel and the slip of shipping.

Thanks, BD

/ Storing a B26 in a sea container
I haven't really checked but a quick search shows used 40 footers at $1900 Canadian dollars. Add on anywhere from$100-$500 for delivery.

My idea was to finish to outside with siding and add a pitched roof so the final product would like like a typical garden shed, but one that's really vandal resistant.

/ Storing a B26 in a sea container #4  
Here's what I know.
Last year I was looking at B26s. (Ended up getting a 2630) Because I was looking to buy used I would have to go pick it up somewhere. Anyway, I remember that it would fit, by an inch or two, into most rental 24' box trucks. However, the B26 will not fit in my garage. FYI the ROPS/FOPS on the B26 DO NOT fold down.

Just a thought. But have you looked into a cargo trailer. It can be your tractors garage and transportation. Also no building codes to deal with.

Hope this some. Good luck

/ Storing a B26 in a sea container #5  
Do you mind divulging a ballpark cost of a a 20 footer now. I would think that prices have dropped considering the price of steel and the slip of shipping.

Thanks, BD

I was looking at containers a year or so back and a new, well almost new, one trip to the US, was around $2500. They've actually gone up since then to $2900. Unfortunately the place that had them has sold out in Savannah, GA, their closest location. Now I'd have to go much farther to get one, not worth it to me. A used container is about 50% of a new one at the spot below-

http://www.allstatecontainer.com/hotDeals.php

/ Storing a B26 in a sea container #6  
The B26 will easily fit into the container, make sure you vent it for release of condensation to avoid having the machine "sweat" and rust. Let us know how it works out.

/ Storing a B26 in a sea container #7  
The B-26 measures 204" long x 89 1/2" high x 60" wide according to Kubota specs. as Curtisfarmer said, it should easily fit.

/ Storing a B26 in a sea container #8  
I have a 40' high cube sea container and the High Cube is a must to get the B26 inside. The standard height won't work.

Last edited:
   / Storing a B26 in a sea container #9  
Wow, I thought it would have fit for sure, thanks for the pics.

/ Storing a B26 in a sea container #10  
I bought the standard container and later bought another high cube. Pictures are of my tractor in old and high cube. Note ropes down in standard container

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 461
  • Beaver Huntin w Hugh 12-13-2008 005.jpg
    Beaver Huntin w Hugh 12-13-2008 005.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 434