Storm Area 51

/ Storm Area 51 #241  
Crowds all diverted to a Taco Bell northwest of Las Vegas selling 50-cent tacos when they got the munchies. They're all still in line at the drive thru.

/ Storm Area 51 #243  
^^ In the 40s, there were a lot of words in common use that can't be uttered now.

I'd like to think we've grown up a bit since then.

And the 70s, have a look at the screen version of Blazing Saddles sometime.

I bet a good time will be had by all, with very little trouble with the feds.

/ Storm Area 51 #244  
As a good will gesture why doesn't the National Guard set up a few thousand porta-potties along the route...with poison ivy juice on the seats.

/ Storm Area 51 #245  
IMHO, these two paragraphs contradict each other.

“Those people” can be an insult, as in “We don’t allow those people in here.” It can also be a simple reference to a group of people as part of normal non-hateful conversation.

I can see that.

/ Storm Area 51 #246  
Well, isn't tomorrow the day the "hoopleheads" are supposed to line up to get themselves shot ? I am curious to how many will actually show up and what they will do. Surely no one is stupid enough to actually try to break into a secure government facility. Of course the guy that started the whole thing, dresses up in a kids costumer and runs like an imbecile. But even he is afraid someone will get hurt. You never can tell what someone will do under the influence of mind altering substances. Or even sober. :shocked:

/ Storm Area 51 #247  
Someone could make a lot of money selling tin foil hats ��

/ Storm Area 51 #248  
I don’t know if you know or care, but “Jap” is considered the Japanese equivalent of the n-word.

I learned that back in the 80s while dating a young Japanese woman. I had always thought it was just short for Japanese.
Try marrying a polish girl and telling her parents you like that new pole-lock priest at church. I thought pole-lock was like American. Apparently Pole is the same as American. Apparently my grandmother steered me wrong.........
I am now educated.

/ Storm Area 51 #249  
....and here I thought calling someone a Nip was the equivalent of the "N-word" (short for Nipponese, i.e. someone from Nippon (Japan).)
Maybe the offense is calling them anything short ("Hey, don't call me short!")

Actually, the most offensive word in the above sentence is the word "them". Most won't figure this out.

To me words are just words and it's the context that makes it offensive, or not. There's either hate or love.
What is most offensive (and anti-American) is not treating people as individuals.
The concept of "them", "those people", "the others" is a way to strip people of their individuality, the first divisive step to de-humanizing them.
From there, applying cruelty becomes easy...

You have to be on guard for language like this and recognize that when you hear people using those terms, you should ask yourself: "Is it okay to punch this Nazi?"
:D :stirthepot:
You're right. It's the individual that counts.

/ Storm Area 51 #250  
Someone could make a lot of money selling tin foil hats ��
We are suspicious uncanny.jpegtapatalk_1563811764792.jpeg