Storm tracker thread

/ Storm tracker thread #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I didn't see an existing thread for discussing atlantic, gulf and pacific storms so I figured I would start one.

Right now it looks like Florence, is currently category 4, and is PREDICTED to hit the carolina's coast.. however, if it goes more west than northwest, I believe that the north florida and / or georgia coast could also be a target.

There are 2 more storms out there, but with 'open water' prediction models so far. ( Remember that florence was predicted to be an open water only storm as well... )

/ Storm tracker thread #2  
Hope all those in harms way are prepared and stay safe...But...
The storm (Florence) will get the typical news coverage with the typical clowns standing out in the wind and sideways rain with their hand held anemometers babbling on about the storm...
...However should it (the storm) move toward the NYC area etc (regardless of how diminished in intensity) it will become a much more important news issue and get much more coverage...:D

National Hurricane Center

/ Storm tracker thread #3  
I pray everyone is okay in the path and it's affects. Around here gas is selling fast and there aren't any cases of water, bread or milk to be found anywhere.

/ Storm tracker thread #4  
My daughter's college shut down at 615 last night and sent the students home with our governor's evacuation order. 2nd year in a row. I'm happy to see her for a short break!

/ Storm tracker thread #6  
For once the forecasters are right.
The direct hit and the low country will be devastating!
Flooding is going to happen.
To quote Fred Sanford- "This is the big one Elizabeth" !!

/ Storm tracker thread #7  
For once the forecasters are right.
The direct hit and the low country will be devastating!
Flooding is going to happen.
To quote Fred Sanford- "This is the big one Elizabeth" !!

55e.jpg

Bruce

/ Storm tracker thread #8  
We closed on our beach house just a few lots back from the ocean in Hatteras exactly one month ago. Plan to use it as a vacation rental until retirement time. We knew the risk but it does give you a sinking feeling in the gut. We’ve met and become friends with some wonderful folks down there in a very short period of time. Most are not evacuating. Praying for everyone’s safety.

/ Storm tracker thread #10  
I didn't see an existing thread for discussing atlantic, gulf and pacific storms so I figured I would start one.

Right now it looks like Florence, is currently category 4, and is PREDICTED to hit the carolina's coast.. however, if it goes more west than northwest, I believe that the north florida and / or georgia coast could also be a target.

There are 2 more storms out there, but with 'open water' prediction models so far. ( Remember that florence was predicted to be an open water only storm as well... )

Yes I too pray that everyone is okay. From the latest forecast it looks like NC, SC & Virginia will bear the brunt of it. It appears it will the coast hard and then stall inland. Some forecasters are predicting 20 to 30 inches of rain.

Andy