Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #512  
All I'll respectfully say is IMHO you don't fully understand what a CEO does, what to takes to get there, the value a good one brings to a company, or why jobs are compensated the way they are.
I am quite sure you have to be an ambitious and intelligent workaholic to make it to the CEO level. I agree that it is a stressful job.
But that has always been the case. However between 1978 and 2019 the average CEO salary increased 1007.5% while the average worker's salary only rose 11.9%. The average CEO now makes 278 times the salary of the average worker. They make that much because they can, not because they are worth it. Today the upper level Corporate Officers and Corporate Board of Directors is a closed group of over-compensated individuals who give each other mostly undeserved pay raises. You are far far more likely to be born into that elite, closed group than you are to to work your way into it. There are exceptions (mainly entrepreneurs) but they are the exception rather than the rule. To say that they are overly brilliant is not always the case. To say they have good morals is not always the case either.

Last edited:
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #513  
😮:eek:🤑😵 Seriously???
Are you seriously paying $29K a year in premiums???

That sounds about right. My wife and I are self-employed & normally healthy. Mostly just annual checkups. For the last 30 years our combined premiums were right at $20K/yr. That doesn't include dental, eye, & hearing.
Premiums leaped about 2010 when so many health insurance companies folded. Ours did.
rScotty

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #514  
I would change the word never learn to never change. Most people don't like or want change.
even thinking about change makes people uncomfortable and people don't like to be uncomfortable.

that's why the status quo is so powerful, people that can actually make a difference, make a change....got way too much to lose.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #515  
Imagine the outrage among skilled positions if the company paid unskilled workers the same...
It happened with this company but it so far has turned out to be a happily ever after Cinderella story:

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #516  
I am quite sure you have to be an ambitious and intelligent workaholic to make it to the CEO level. I agree that it is a stressful job.
But that has always been the case. However between 1978 and 2019 the average CEO salary increased 1007.5% while the average worker's salary only rose 11.9%. The average CEO now makes 278 times the salary of the average worker. They make that much because they can, not because they are worth it. Today the upper level Corporate Officers and Corporate Board of Directors is a closed group of over-compensated individuals who give each other mostly undeserved pay raises. You are far far more likely to be born into that elite, closed group than you are to to work your way into it. There are exceptions (mainly entrepreneurs) but they are the exception rather than the rule. To say that they are overly brilliant is not always the case. To say they have good morals is not always the case either.
i'm sorry but i do not remember the name of the book i read but it's basically about the American aristocracy and how inbred the management of these huge american companies are.

example after example of so and so' son running GE or something similar.

there was one example after another. i think it came down to about 25 families, i read it a long time ago.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #517  
It happened with this company but it so far has turned out to be a happily ever after Cinderella story:

Sort of....I've done payment processing....there are no 'skilled' workers.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #518  
I'll toss out a name: Edward Bernays.
I have said it before and I will say it again: I learn something new everyday on this forum. Never heard of this man until I saw your post. Thanks for sharing Diesel.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #520  
I kid you not. We're looking for alternatives now.
if you are rich, no problem

if you are dead broke, "no problem".

It's the folks-in the middle with the problems.

I play music with 3 old guys, not quite yet on medicare, 2 had cancer, 1 heart problems.

All three had surgery etc etc and the follow up and the PT and the repeat check ups.

Their monthly health insurance is NADA, ZIP, SQUAT! They got none!

And they tell me as long as they pay $10/month...."the hospital can't do a thing".

Like so much else, healthcare admin is broke, stuck in the 70s, based on a model that is 100 years old and outdated.

As usual, no suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.