String Trimmers

/ String Trimmers #71  
What is the value of carbon fiber over conventional shafts? Price is much higher but the weight isn't much different.

HDTrimmers.JPG

HDTrimmers2.JPG

/ String Trimmers #72  
Bling.

Maybe lighter weight. I use my old light weight lower power Worx 48v trimmer more than my heavier higher power EGo.

/ String Trimmers #73  
Marketing ?

/ String Trimmers #75  
   / String Trimmers #76  
Bought a 58 volt ECHO weed whacker to match my chain-saw;haven't used my Stihl gas versions since.
Have the same combo. I get about an hour on a charge and it only takes an hour to charge. With the 2 batteries, I get tired before they do. The charger units are smart so you don't have to worry about over charge. Variable power and full is every bit as powerful as the old gas one. It can take heavy line or a brush blade. No more worrying about starting or gas or tune ups.

/ String Trimmers #77  
Have the same combo. I get about an hour on a charge and it only takes an hour to charge. With the 2 batteries, I get tired before they do. The charger units are smart so you don't have to worry about over charge. Variable power and full is every bit as powerful as the old gas one. It can take heavy line or a brush blade. No more worrying about starting or gas or tune ups.
This is about how I feel about my 40 volt tools compared to their gas counterparts. I've been real pleased thus far. My 40v brushless chainsaw is by no means as good as my old Stihl, but it's very good for residential maintenance and cutting small trees. My pole saw, edger, brush cutter, cultivator, and blower are all fantastic.

/ String Trimmers #78  
Back to part of the OP's original question, i.e. How much does a dealer charge for tune-up? In my area, the cost was $67.00. That included a total replacement of the carb, fuel lines, spark plug and tweaking the air/fuel mixture. It did not include replacing the coil.

I see that 99% of the recommendations were regarding 'which' battery powered trimmer to buy. With as much trimming as you have to do, I'd certainly hesitate. My luck with all battery powered tools, and I have a bunch of them, is that you can expect less power and a shorter run time per battery than you might expect.

Rather than go to a dealer for a "tune-up", I think I'd make the simple new parts swap myself for about $21 and 30 minutes of your time. But then, that's just me...
Thats good IF you can get the parts.
On my Flexvolt DeWalt I can't get carb, fuel lines, spark plug etc. :)
With 2 batteries it would wear me out, even though I don't have to pull to start.

/ String Trimmers
So far I'm liking the Ryobi 40V and id say it does 2/3rds of my trimming on a charge. Its nice as a grab and go thing, you dont feel like you have to get everything at once, while its running.

I also ordered the carb, fuel line, plug, ect ect doe the Husqvarna, but i haven't put them on yet.

/ String Trimmers #80  
Picked up the 40v brushless conventional shaft for $179 minus a 10% coupon. Might try it out first thing in the morning before the oven lights the air again.