Stuck in the pond

/ Stuck in the pond #71  
You are correct about that but if he had ag tires I don't think that tractor would have ever stuck. Of course all that depends on just how far into the pond he was planning on driving in the first place.
Ag tires are useless in reverse motion.

/ Stuck in the pond #72  
Well, it finally happened. I've only got about 100 hours on my yanmar YT 359 tractor. Just long enough to feel comfortable and try and do something I probably shouldn't have.
I was adding a run for my meat pigs to have access to the pond for water. I got a little too aggressive on how far I could drive out and scrape backwards with the bucket. My pond has a lot of that super sticky, gross, squishy, black muck, and I sure enough got stuck.
I tried all of the tricks with pushing the bucket down and lifting the front and going backwards and everything I could possibly do. I had it in four-wheel drive and the diff lock engaged, everything to no avail.
I ended up getting my farm truck out with a long chain to help move the tractor backwards. The wife was kind enough to steer the truck while I worked the tractor backwards.
Moral of the story, don't bite off more than you can chew, or dig!!
might could have pushed it backwards with the bucket but with the tires slicked over with mud, even that would have been a *****

/ Stuck in the pond #73  
Ag tires are useless in reverse motion.

Useless? Compared to what?

I just pulled my Ram 5500 towing a fully loaded hay trailer out of the mud in reverse with AG tires.

Useless my @ss

1698064821879.gif

Last edited:
   / Stuck in the pond #74  
Well, it finally happened. I've only got about 100 hours on my yanmar YT 359 tractor. Just long enough to feel comfortable and try and do something I probably shouldn't have.
I was adding a run for my meat pigs to have access to the pond for water. I got a little too aggressive on how far I could drive out and scrape backwards with the bucket. My pond has a lot of that super sticky, gross, squishy, black muck, and I sure enough got stuck.
I tried all of the tricks with pushing the bucket down and lifting the front and going backwards and everything I could possibly do. I had it in four-wheel drive and the diff lock engaged, everything to no avail.
I ended up getting my farm truck out with a long chain to help move the tractor backwards. The wife was kind enough to steer the truck while I worked the tractor backwards.
Moral of the story, don't bite off more than you can chew, or dig!!
Recently I was using my YT235 to open my woods trails before deer season. I got too brave in spot where in 1993 I got my Minneapolis Moline Jet Star 3 stuck. I got the MM out with the FEL and R1 Tires. I had to cut some blocks to put under the bucket so it would lift the font end. Using the Dif lock and the bucket curl I got it out. It took awhile. The Yamar with R4s and much a weaker FEL needed help to escape. So I took the walk of shame and got my wife Sherry to come save me once again. We tried the Kubota side by side because it was easy, but it’s summer turf friendly tires weren’t going to do it, so I had use my skid loader, 2 20’ chains and it came out with no drama. At 75 I know better, just temp testosterone poisoning I should recover.

/ Stuck in the pond #75  
Glad you and the missus got ‘er out without damage or injury…..those are the high points. Since I’m near to doing a similar project, I’m glad to have your story in mind…….since my wife is not really good at pulling with the truck. But don’t tell her I said that LOL, she IS a most excellent cook.

/ Stuck in the pond #76  
Were you able to lift the box blade high enough to get it out of the way?

I’ve been stuck with my 2nd kubota m4800 more than I care to admit but have been able to walk it out backwards with the bucket except for one time with the shredder. That time Lifting the front with the bucket (even just a little) the shredder was bearing the weight and not moving. That time I had to drop the shredder and walk it out forward (much slower process).

/ Stuck in the pond #77  
Don't know if it will help you, but watch the tires as you make each pass, if you start to notice the tires are accumulating mud, quite before it is too late.

/ Stuck in the pond #78  
You likely tried it, but fully opening the bucket and pressing it into the mud/snow and slowly curling it while slowly reversing can help sometimes. Thanks to the Wife.

/ Stuck in the pond #80  
Hey, at least you have a pond. I could use one on my ten acres. Glad you got out with no damage except your ego.