Student Loan Debt?

/ Student Loan Debt? #721  
It's one of the reasons I struggled with sending our kids to Catholic schools. However, my wife turned out fine, and I'd been around her church/school for about 15 years before we had school-aged children. I'd gotten to know the teachers through volunteer work before our kids went there. So we sent our kids to her school, and they thrived. They also thrived at the same Catholic high school we both attended. It was college prep. Served them well.

/ Student Loan Debt? #723  
Anyone remember girls vanishing from your later year grade school class or high school class and all you ever heard was they were going to live with their aunt in California?

They were pregnant.

/ Student Loan Debt? #724  
That's one thing I still struggle with today. Why'd they leave me in that place for 8 years? Several families moved their kids out to a different Catholic school that had a different order of nuns. I wished my folks would have followed their lead.

High school was much different. I thrived mentally. Mostly because there were NO nuns teaching in high school. All lay teachers.

I know lots of nuns from serving on the Boards of Catholic hospital chains.

All great people. Extremely great people.

I went to Catholic schools for 12 years. All nuns back in the day. Most were great. Not all.

Sorry for your bad experience.

/ Student Loan Debt? #725  
I know lots of nuns from serving on the Boards of Catholic hospital chains.

All great people. Extremely great people.

I went to Catholic schools for 12 years. All nuns back in the day. Most were great. Not all.

Sorry for your bad experience.
Thanks and that's OK. Like I mentioned, I think a lot of it has to do with the order that the nuns and priests were associated with.

On that note, my mom's best friend in college was a nun. She was great! She visited often and would stay with us in summers. She was an old school paper plate style habit wearing nun. One day I was walking down the hall in our house and she came out of the bathroom in a shorter pink bathrobe rubbing a towel on her wet hair.

AHHH! I'm going to hell!

:ROFLMAO:

She just looked at me and said something to the effect of what did you think was under those garments? :ROFLMAO:

I was traumatized! :p

/ Student Loan Debt? #726  
Well - nuns are disappearing. Not many left to teach or work in hospitals.

/ Student Loan Debt? #727  
Well - nuns are disappearing. Not many left to teach or work in hospitals.

Service is commendable.

However, I'm pretty sure that most folks do not find it natural to take a vow of poverty, chastity, and obedience, none of which are necessary to providing a life of service, my opinion only, of course.