Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #41  
Maybe a good idea to set the FEL (if equipped) to float??

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #42  
Look at the possibilities - maybe we'll finally find Jimmy Hoffa in an overgrown field!

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #43  
While backing up with a Bush Hog I got into a partly buried Spring Tooth cultivator.
Very noisy, very bendy. While scraping in a horse pasture I somehow managed to pull a T post into a big Rear Tire on the 4.57 New Holland. Pricey. I chose the cheapest tire and found that there were 4-5 fewer lugs making it noisy and bumpy on solid ground/roadways.

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #44  
Reading other posts about brush mowing with FEL vs. without FEL, got me to thinking of all the stuff that can ruin your day and brush mower.....bowling ball.....what has your mower of FEL found?
Hit a bowling ball earlier this year in one of our CRP fields I was mowing around. I thought for sure nobody had ever hit one of those. Sure made a nice BANG. I laughed my ass off when I saw what I had hit

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #45  
I had a lawn service for several years. The most memorable one was several pool balls, from a pool table not the blow up kind. I must have hit 10 over the course of a summer at that house. They had to be doing it on purpose. Luckily there was just a puff of dust and the other half would be sitting right where it was.

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #46  
Deer antlers poked a hole in my tractor main tire with Beet juice in it.
Cost me $200 to fix it!

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #47  
I heard it said if you find a car while mowing your yard, you might be a redneck
I suppose then I'm officially a redneck. I ran across a frontend of an old [small] International PU underneath a bunch of blackberries. I sliced through a car rim in same area. Best was hitting an old VW transaxle right at dusk- it made for quite the light show, sparks shooting out; it was quite the battle between the brush hog and that chunk of steel, it ended in a draw (nothing broke, thankfully).

Final count in cleanup on my property came in at 34 tires/rims.

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #48  
I've been lucky... not too much in my pasture areas when cutting. But I did do some work at a neighbor's area in grass that was at least 3-4' tall... I found all kinds of things with my FEL. Dead Trees, Dead animals, a barrel, etc... and she SWORE there was nothing in there. :cautious:;)

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #49  
On my first time using a bush-hog on our new property in 14 got wrapped up in old barbed wire. That was an ordeal !

/ Stuff you find while mowing tall vegetation #50  
Haha, I feel like a lightweight after reading these stories. I’ve hit rebar, a bundle of barbed wire, and dead horses a couple times.