Stuff you've broken and how you broke it

/ Stuff you've broken and how you broke it #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Title says it all. Let's hear about the tools and equipment you've broken, and how you broke it.

I'll start off... not big equipment but a hand tool. Dewalt 20v max hammer drill broken a month after buying it while mixing thinset. Now I see why everybody uses corded half inch drills for mixing.

/ Stuff you've broken and how you broke it #2  
I hope that you have a lot of broadband for this thread. :laughing: We should probably have categories, i.e.

A) Tractor
1) things broken when we ran over them.
a)After they fell out of the bucket.
- Chainsaw
- Rake
-Gas can
b)When we didn't see them lying in the grass.
-Rake
-Gas can
2) Things we broke while using them
-Titan forks; using them too hard stacking logs
-Loader arms; using them too hard stacking logs and digging up an old gravel road

/ Stuff you've broken and how you broke it #3  
Tool: Harbor Freight Hammer Drill
How I broke it: I used it more than 8 times.

/ Stuff you've broken and how you broke it #4  
Tool: Harbor Freight Hammer Drill
How I broke it: I used it more than 8 times.
you should know better than using any harbor freight tool more than 7 times. Its in the instruction manual.:)

/ Stuff you've broken and how you broke it #5  
Double doors to my only totally enclosed stall in my carport. Backing up with the rear blade to clear snow. Foot slipped off the clutch pedal.

Ruined one brand new front tire on Jeep. Cut around the bucket on the tractor too close as driving into an adjoining stall in the carport.

/ Stuff you've broken and how you broke it #7  
Non impact sockets with an impact.

Same sockets but with breaker bar and too long of a cheater pipe!

/ Stuff you've broken and how you broke it
you should know better than using any harbor freight tool more than 7 times. Its in the instruction manual.:)
I'm actually in the process of beating a HF sliding miter saw to death cutting literally everything with it. I've accidentally chopped off one of the guides with an angle cut, and melted the table frame while using it for metal cut-off. But this post probably belongs in a different thread... you know the one.

/ Stuff you've broken and how you broke it
I hope that you have a lot of broadband for this thread. :laughing: We should probably have categories, i.e.

A) Tractor
1) things broken when we ran over them.
a)After they fell out of the bucket.
- Chainsaw
- Rake
-Gas can
b)When we didn't see them lying in the grass.
-Rake
-Gas can
2) Things we broke while using them
-Titan forks; using them too hard stacking logs
-Loader arms; using them too hard stacking logs and digging up an old gravel road
Which broke first, the forks or the loader arms? I'm wondering how many trees you loaded up... notice I said trees.

/ Stuff you've broken and how you broke it #10  
Which broke first, the forks or the loader arms? I'm wondering how many trees you loaded up... notice I said trees.

Two different tractors. About 100 cords before the loader arms broke the first time... so probably about 1200 trees. It also was my first tractor with loader, so I was doing all sorts of things with it that you shouldn't do with a 2800 lb tractor and aftermarket loader.
The forks started bending as soon as I started using them, I wish that I had put the money toward my MTL grapple instead.