Stumbled onto reliable rural internet access

/ Stumbled onto reliable rural internet access #21  
   / Stumbled onto reliable rural internet access
I do not think this is the same as going through the cell phone. My cell phone has a cap but my home internet router with them has no cap. In fact, when using the cell phone I have it get data from the home router and it doesn't need to use the cell phone data cap when at home.We both do video, etc and that's what I see.

I'm pretty street smart and doubly so with whatever cash I have left. I make different people explain multiple times and cross check. I read the fine print. Companies do have to change to stay competitive and the world of internet access is about to open up in a big way. Look at how TV opened up and the exodus from satellite TV that didn't change fast enough. Those people lost are never coming back.

Last edited:
   / Stumbled onto reliable rural internet access #23  
image.jpg
We still have a dish. But our internet comes through the LTE cell network. Costs $100/month for 50mbps. Unlimited data. We have used 294gb this month (working from home).

/ Stumbled onto reliable rural internet access #24  
My neighbor said the online checker for the Verizon service told him he wasn't eligible but he called and they let him try it. He is getting 50 down.

Some of the so called "unlimited" plans, including the AT&T plan I have state they MIGHT throttle the service after you use X amount of data. I think mine says they might do it if the tower becomes congested after you have used 22 GB. I have hit over 180 with not too many slow downs. When it does I can restart my modem and the speed seems to pick right back up.

/ Stumbled onto reliable rural internet access #25  
We use Verizon Hotspots from our 4 mobile phones with a hotspot data cap of 15GB each. It works perfect for all uses until the cap is met and they start throttling us. All we really need is for Verizon to stop the throttling!

/ Stumbled onto reliable rural internet access #26  
I had to view this thread in Firefox instead of the app to view file... my zip is in there, maybe I'll try braving customer service again. We have no fiber, cable, or dsl near my house, and even the regional wifi towers are blocked by trees and hills.

I just checked and my 1-2 bars of LTE get me 65Mbps on my phone (they definitely upgraded something - it was 14 for years) so I'm hopeful I can get the lte home, then I can set up a home network that my computer doesn't get disconnected from every time i go to another part of the house with my phone...

Last edited:
   / Stumbled onto reliable rural internet access #30  
We still have a dish. But our internet comes through the LTE cell network. Costs $100/month for 50mbps. Unlimited data. We have used 294gb this month (working from home).
Seems like $100/mo is becoming the "new normal" for internet service. So much for the cost coming down over time. Gettin' a little pricey for my budget.