Stupid is what Stupid does ...

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #11  
Its funny how habit is ... pull the lever up by instinct. Hind sight is amazing and yes I quess if it could have been avoided it wouldn't be considered an accident....

And poor me its 49 degrees this morning and I'm already remembering the days of no cab ... will be a cool ride this morning!!

Good to know you have a sense of humor BlueRiver ;)

I have a feeling you are tough enough to handle 49 deg., probably won't have to put up with it for long.
Dave.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #12  
Blueriver
"And poor me its 49 degrees this morning and I'm already remembering the days of no cab ... will be a cool ride this morning!!"

If no breeze/wind thats t-shirt weather for us northern folks. ;)

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ...
Blueriver
"And poor me its 49 degrees this morning and I'm already remembering the days of no cab ... will be a cool ride this morning!!"

If no breeze/wind thats t-shirt weather for us northern folks. ;)

They say you folks just become adjusted to the cold ... how ya do that? I hate being cold. We do on ocassion get a shot of snow and last year recorded a 9 degree day with North wind ... I never left the house!!!

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #14  
49 degrees, shucks, that's a fine summer day!

Adjusting to the cold, I don't know how you do it, it just sort of "happens".

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #15  
Blueriver Good to know you are OK Sorry for the window I was always told the tractor, car or whatever can be replaced. The person in the accident can't

Good luck with the insurance company !!

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #16  
Blueriver
"They say you folks just become adjusted to the cold ... how ya do that?"

Bigger pants/shirts another log on the fire. ;)

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #17  
Blueriver
"They say you folks just become adjusted to the cold ... how ya do that?"

Bigger pants/shirts another log on the fire. ;)

The old saying - There's no bad weather, just bad clothes.

On the other hand, one of my cousins married a Texan from Austin region. He only lasted 3 yrs. in northwest Ohio. Said he just wanted to go home, couldn't stand the cold, sloppy winters anymore. They are still happily married living in Goldthwaite, TX the last 30 some years.

Dave.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #18  
They say you folks just become adjusted to the cold ... how ya do that? I hate being cold. We do on ocassion get a shot of snow and last year recorded a 9 degree day with North wind ... I never left the house!!!

I don't think it's adjustment..... In my case it's "submission"!

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #19  
Hey I grew up in the south and hated the cold as much as anyone. My wife is from Venezuela so she was really a southern girl. We spent 5 years in Northern Alberta Canada where a typical winter day was -35 or lower. We loved it. Once we flew home for Christmas and dressed comfortably for brief exposure of 15-30 minutes of the Canadian temps that were -38C when we left. We had the same clothes on when we got to Houston where it was raining with a good stiff breeze out of the north and about +45 F and we were both shivering in the cold. I loved the cold weather up north and now I cant get back used to the heat. I keep the AC thermostat on 19C in my office which is comfortable to me, but like a fridge to everyone else

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #20  
Its a common thing to happen.

Once a friend of mine wanted to borrow a forklift mast, converted to 3pt hitch use, with a tractor of another friend.
I told them to keep the windscreen shut, but when he opened it to talk to a bystander, he fogot to shut it again. The glass splattered everywhere when he lifted the 3pt hitch. He felt so stupid because i told him so clearly to keep the windscreenshut no matter what, because i knew it was going to happen... (happened to me too so speaking from experience)