Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #421  
I needed to change a mandrel/spindle on my riding lawn mower. I dropped the mowing deck and turned it up on its edge. It has small wheels all along the edge so it was resting on those on my concrete shop floor. I was on my knees, holding one end with my knees, the other end was leaning against a workbench. It was a little wobbly, but I thought it was stable enough. I wedged a 2X4 block against the blade to prevent it from turning while I removed a lock nut on the other end with a ratchet and socket. No one ever accused me of being patient and it was very slow going. It was kind of a struggle so I thought I would work smarter, not harder. I replaced my ratchet with a 3/8” socket adapter in my Dewalt 20V drill. Boy howdy, we’re cooking now. Well, kinda. The drill was struggling, but it was slowly working. Then the mower deck slipped, rolled a little on the wheels, the 2X4 fell out, and I grabbed at the decked with my left hand. With nothing holding the blade, the drill spun it pretty fast. Mower blades aren’t very sharp, but those big mulching wings on the top of them are. Cut two fingers good. The nail on one finger was cut all the way through. The ER doc sewed right through the nail. That was about 18 months ago and today it all healed
IMG_1311.jpeg

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #422  
I can so visualize that.
Tightening the blade on mine first time I had them off, putting them back on after sharpening using an impact. I was holding it from turning with my hand holding the sheave, the same sheave that had a knife edge on it because the belt was riding slightly off center, didn't look quite as knarly as yours but it hurt like a muther.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #424  
This was not me, a friend of mine was using a cutting torch to remove something from my steel bumper, as he lay on the ground a piece of slag fell under his watch head and before he could get at the hot metal it burned a hole in his wrist! That was nasty!

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #425  
Buddy of mine dragging a dozer cutting blade behind a small tractor for weed abatement. The blade stopped on a rock outcropping and the tractor kept on going up and over. Broke his back :oops: lucky it it didn't kill him. No ROPs.
Be careful out there !

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #426  
Slightly safer but I hope I'm not the only one who experienced this stupid frustration, in a rush looking for my cellphone every where, it's in my hand the whole time. Definitely stupid.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #427  
Slightly safer but I hope I'm not the only one who experienced this stupid frustration, in a rush looking for my cellphone every where, it's in my hand the whole time. Definitely stupid.
WHAT?

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #428  
I think most of us have torn the house apart in a panic looking for the car keys as well, just to realize they are in your hand with the rest of your crap

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #430  
This is yet another dumb thing I have done that doesn’t put me at danger, but costs me time.

We recently got a place in Florida for the winter. We use Directtv stream. We can use it at both places. But - apparently only Samsung TVs let you obtain the app to watch.

So, I get the Samsung TV. I look on the internet to see how to get the app. I follow the instructions and nope. The instructions say to access the TVs internet search, type Directtv stream, then downloaded the app.

I try 10s of times. Always get some error message. I get frustrated. It takes forever to type in stuff on a tv search with the tv remote. Uggg!!

So, my lovely wife sees me struggling. Maybe even heard me say a few words showing frustration.

She comes over and takes the remote. Presses the Home button. Toggles to the APP icon. Presses a few more buttons and finds the Directtv app. Downloads. Done. 2-3 minutes.

Gives me the remote back and smiles.

Smartest thing I could have done was ask her first!
Similar story with me trying to get Bluetooth synced to my phone and the new radio in the tractor. A couple of dozen attempts, download the radio manual (online only 😖), watched a few YouTube videos, etc. No luck. DANG!
I admit defeat and call in tech support, i.e., my neighbor’s 18 year old boy that mows my yard. 30 seconds and he’s done. 😆