Sub Soiler

/ Sub Soiler #11  
It would be made from 2"x2" 1/4" square tubing that I have. I'll find out how good of a welder I am... (I'm NOT good!) It will be stressed and broken pretty quickly is my guess. Plan is to mount my Harbor Freight Quick Hitch** (which I don't use) to the backside of this box to attach the subsoiler...

Another view of the strong subsoiler: 3 Point Hitch Subsoiler

box holder.jpg

Main problem I see is that these side roots only support the tree so far... the main taproot is still going to be a hard nut to crack.

** just read on EA site: "...*the geometry and superior shear pin design is not intended for use with a quick hitch*..." Change of plan, I guess.

/ Sub Soiler #12  
I want to use a sub soiler behind my Kubota mx5100 as a root ripper in rocky clay soil to remove tree roots, etc. for pushing the trees over to eliminate stumps.

A tractor is not the right equipment for removing stumps. You can peck at stumps over 5" diameter but it will take forever and the risk of damaging your tractor is considerable.

Consider renting an excavator for a three day weekend to remove stumps, then use your tractor to fill the stump holes. An excavator will be cheaper in the long run. It should be reasonably easy to rent an excavator around Frankfort.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=excavator+removing+tree+stumps

/ Sub Soiler #13  
Anyone else notice it was a 17 year old thread?

/ Sub Soiler #14