Subsoiler build

/ Subsoiler build #11  
ha ha .... better to be pissed off than pissed on!!!

You DO know that I'm just jealous, I'm just afraid that if I make that $tep up that I'll just be unable to do the programing (computer) side of it and it'll become an expensive mistake taking up room and pissing me off every time I walk around it while it's just in the way. This and a few other forums are the extent of my skills with a 'puter. He!! I feel like an "einstein" every time I am able to post a picture:laughing:
Why did you bolt the "shanks" on, and will you be able to put a small "tooth cover" like off a S. steer bucket on the tips?
Oh, and your root rake turned out amazing also!

/ Subsoiler build
You DO know that I'm just jealous, I'm just afraid that if I make that $tep up that I'll just be unable to do the programing (computer) side of it and it'll become an expensive mistake taking up room and pissing me off every time I walk around it while it's just in the way. This and a few other forums are the extent of my skills with a 'puter. He!! I feel like an "einstein" every time I am able to post a picture:laughing:
Why did you bolt the "shanks" on, and will you be able to put a small "tooth cover" like off a S. steer bucket on the tips?
Oh, and your root rake turned out amazing also!

Its a learning process for sure ... the bolts are "shear' pins ... I've been searching for replaceable tooth covers and have found an idea that I will incorporate into the build.... I love that root rake grapple ... Thanks!!

/ Subsoiler build
Threw some paint at it

20150908_084429_resized.jpg

20150908_084433_resized.jpg

/ Subsoiler build #14  
That looks great. Let us know how it works!

/ Subsoiler build #15  
That looks great. Let us know how it works!

I'm betting the tool is a bit under built. More of a heavy duty cultivator than a subsoiler. Think of the power needed to pull even one tine through heavy ground.
Deep subsoilers are usually limited to a single tine for many reasons.

But the nice thing about being a pessimist, is that one is left open to be pleasantly surprised! ;-)

Nice looking fabrication!

/ Subsoiler build
I'm betting the tool is a bit under built. More of a heavy duty cultivator than a subsoiler. Think of the power needed to pull even one tine through heavy ground.

But the nice thing about being a pessimist, is that one is left open to be pleasantly surprised! ;-)

I'm betting not ... I used the a similar one last year that I borrowed from my neighbor... went over 34 acres with no problems and loved the results ... I got his and took measurements ... went with a larger beam than his.

Now I've not built this as a rock ripper ... subsoiler in pastures and hayfields.

/ Subsoiler build

I'm betting not ... I used a similar one last year that I borrowed from my neighbor... went over 34 acres with no problems and loved the results ... I got his and took measurements ... went with a larger beam than his.

Now I've not built this as a rock ripper ... subsoiler in pastures and hayfields.

/ Subsoiler build #18  
Your soil must be a lot looser than mine. A 5 shank sub-soiler would take a 200 hp tractor in my black land clay.

Nice work.

/ Subsoiler build #19  
The shanks are removable, so I'm sure when he needs to, he can have any number he needs for the application. I think his JD 5520 is about 90hp, which should pull pretty good in his soil.

/ Subsoiler build
Your soil must be a lot looser than mine. A 5 shank sub-soiler would take a 200 hp tractor in my black land clay.

Nice work.

You are so right ... that black clay you got is some solid soil. I'm sandy loam with red clay in places. You guys grow better crops than we do!!