Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt?

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #11  
Mine has never overheated but the screen and in between the cooler and radiator need to be cleaned regularly. I just came in from mowing and it is backed up to the garage right now with the bed raised so I can clean it out.

dsb

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #12  
Mine has never overheated but the screen and in between the cooler and radiator need to be cleaned regularly. I just came in from mowing and it is backed up to the garage right now with the bed raised so I can clean it out.

dsb

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #13  
Have you tried mowing with the rear bed slightly raised?

It may help keep your screen cleaner longer.

Yooper Dave

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #14  
Have you tried mowing with the rear bed slightly raised?

It may help keep your screen cleaner longer.

Yooper Dave

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #15  
No . Raising the bed was recommended by a Bobcat mechanic. I have a 400 lb. 75 gallon sprayer on the bed during the mowing season and this cuts off even more visibility. I have 80 acres of very steep terrain to mow and have to stop every 3 hours, cool it down, and clean it out. I just mowed 11 hours with the new turbo series c which they loaned me and didn't experience any over heating issues. I like the way it moves up and down the hills and all of its features but it appears I /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifmay have a LEMON.

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #16  
No . Raising the bed was recommended by a Bobcat mechanic. I have a 400 lb. 75 gallon sprayer on the bed during the mowing season and this cuts off even more visibility. I have 80 acres of very steep terrain to mow and have to stop every 3 hours, cool it down, and clean it out. I just mowed 11 hours with the new turbo series c which they loaned me and didn't experience any over heating issues. I like the way it moves up and down the hills and all of its features but it appears I /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifmay have a LEMON.

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #17  
After my last post I looked at my screen a little closer and noticed there is a gap on both sides. The front and back of the screen have no gap. I assume this is where the debris gets in that shows up between the cooler and radiator. I may get some foam or rubber to fill that in. It would be much easier while I am in the fields to clean the debris off the screen rather than having to remove it to clean out between the cooler and the radiator.

I haven't mowed any pastures yet but I suspect I will not see nearly as much debris on the screen as compared to the CRP ground which is 2+ foot tall grasses.

dsb

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #18  
After my last post I looked at my screen a little closer and noticed there is a gap on both sides. The front and back of the screen have no gap. I assume this is where the debris gets in that shows up between the cooler and radiator. I may get some foam or rubber to fill that in. It would be much easier while I am in the fields to clean the debris off the screen rather than having to remove it to clean out between the cooler and the radiator.

I haven't mowed any pastures yet but I suspect I will not see nearly as much debris on the screen as compared to the CRP ground which is 2+ foot tall grasses.

dsb

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #19  
HI,
They noticed the gap on my machine last fall and put foam rubber around it to fill the gap. I thought it was fixed until this Spring when they came to demonstrate the Brushcat and it overheated again. I have noticed that debris still comes in on the series C TC but is doesn't cause it to overheat. The screen and housing around the cooler and radiator have been totally redesigned. My field is 1 mile from my home and I don't have a hose or air compressor in the field! Good Luck

/ Sudden Overheating... dropped fanbelt? #20  
HI,
They noticed the gap on my machine last fall and put foam rubber around it to fill the gap. I thought it was fixed until this Spring when they came to demonstrate the Brushcat and it overheated again. I have noticed that debris still comes in on the series C TC but is doesn't cause it to overheat. The screen and housing around the cooler and radiator have been totally redesigned. My field is 1 mile from my home and I don't have a hose or air compressor in the field! Good Luck