Suggestions for light weight pallet forks

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #11  
Glad none of you live close to me. I already have enough front end loader buckets with 'smiles' in the to fix as it is. A smile is almost impossible to get out without cutting the side sheets loose from the floor sheet. Most of them were caused by people using clamp on or slip on pallet forks and exceeding what their buckets could bear without deforming the floor sheet and every one I've repaired was a light duty material bucket with a single floor sheet.

Dealers offer HD excavation buckets as a build accessory but most all units come with a light gauge material only bucket from the factory. Easy to tell the difference by looking at the floor sheet and the back side. Material buckets usually have a brake formed top whereas an excavation bucket will have a round pipe welded to the side sheets.

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks
If you want to maximize lift capability, the Land Pride PFL1242 at 220lbs are probably the lightest you'll find. They're made specifically for tractors your size, but even if you upgrade to a bigger tractor you likely won't exceed their lift limit.

Most other manufacturers start at 2,000lb lift and typically weight over 300lbs, the ones below are the lightest I've found.

Everything Attachments has the lightest 2,000lb forks at 235lbs, but with a 5 month wait.
https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...ompact-Tractor-pallet-Forks-p/eta-scpf-42.htm

Bobcat has 275lb 2,200lb forks.

Woods also has 275lb 2,500lb forks.

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks
Many thanks all for the suggestions! Y'all have given me some great information.

What is it that you will be lifting?

Good question. I have recently retired and have a ... what to call it... maybe a "hobby shop" near home. I'll be working on small projects that will occasionally require moving some heavier items. I'm not talking tons of weight but items of a few hundred pounds. I did weld some clevis hooks onto the bucket and do use those but there are times I'd prefer to lift items from under rather than by chains.

I can understand SSQA pallet forks on the 2011 LS 5020c, which shows in your T-B-N PROFILE.

I need to add the Massey to my profile, it is a recent addition. The LS I have at my rural property. It is a great workhorse:)

You're right to not want to " over-fork" your tractor, but I think you'll be disappointed if you go with the very lightest offerings that don't feature the 2 items I mentioned above. Or at least, ability to adjust fork spacing.

Thanks for the suggestions!

If you want to maximize lift capability,

Thanks for the links!

I was disappointed the Massey could not able to lift the tiller at 540# from the trailer using chains but it is a subcompact. The bucket weighs 58 kg or about 125#. So replacing it with an ~250# pallet fork isn't that bad of a compromise.

I already have enough front end loader buckets with 'smiles' in the to fix as it is.

Understood! Another reason I'd prefer to not use clamp ons.

Again thanks all, y'all have given me great feedback!

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #14  
They make pallet Forks UNDER 200 lb with 36" forks that's what you want for a subcompact

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #15  
I know this is an old thread but wanted to update it with what I found. Redline Systems Inc. has some of the lightest light duty forks I've been able to find. They make them for the Kubota BX, but he will do a custom mount. 162 lbs with 36" tines pin on or 177 lbs with SSQA is pretty light. I haven't bought a set, but talked with him and he was very informative and helpful.

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #16  
I bought Titan Attachments forks on Amazon, the exact product linked below. I like them just fine. Things can always be better, but these have worked out for me and were much less expensive than some other brands.

There's some possible confusion. There were separate "Titan" and "Titan Attachments" brands, no relation I think, and people sometimes refer to both as simply "Titan". Then one of them changed their name just to fix this confusion. Anybody who remembers more clearly than this, please help straighten me out!

What I bought, in April '21:

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #17  
I just purchased clamp on pallet forks for $79 for moving
pallets around I have a few stacks of them just sit in cab
and place them where every I want them
I use the bucket with straps or chains to move any thing heavy.

willy

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #18  
I know this is an old thread but wanted to update it with what I found. Redline Systems Inc. has some of the lightest light duty forks I've been able to find. They make them for the Kubota BX, but he will do a custom mount. 162 lbs with 36" tines pin on or 177 lbs with SSQA is pretty light. I haven't bought a set, but talked with him and he was very informative and helpful.

Looks like a great solution for subcompact tractors. I've be using HLA's 900lb rated set on my SCUT. 205lb total weight with 42" forks.

I would never want cheapo clamp-on forks, but I could never imagine owning a tractor without a set of good forks. Our most used implement by far.

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #19  
Buy the lightest, strongest you can buy. They are expensive, because they are purpose built for subcompact machines

/ Suggestions for light weight pallet forks #20  
I paid $79 for pallet forks very heavy metal but they might
weight 200 lbs my front end loader will lift 1300 lbs and I
don't have any thing that weights around 1100 lbs So I
believe I did good. Why pay more for something I don't
have any use for. Some go for $675.00 to over $1900.00
For the difference in price I can buy a lot of katsup for my
midnight snacks :ROFLMAO:

willy