Summer Blues....

/ Summer Blues.... #11  
Looks like the perfect time for an inground! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
They have some that look like ponds. Maybe you can bait the family that way! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I gave up on above grounds after three attempts.....

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Summer Blues.... #12  
Our above ground pool has a problem its been here 10 or 11 years, and the areas where it bolts together and the cutouts for the pump and hoses werent prtected i figured they just punched the holes after the thing was galvanized. Well since i pay my rent by welding and fixing thinds Taylor gets this job. I may be on TLC on and engineering show by the way everyone here is looking at the way i have planned to fix it. We will drain it and take th liner out. Ill go get a galvanized sheet of metal and have a friend roll it to the radius of the pool and make it extend about 4 feet past all the cancer. When ill use Millwrights epoxy to epoxy it to the to good metal and then add a few dozen carriage head bolts. It sounds all Rube Goldberg I know but I remeber the hell of putting up the big cumbersome sob in 100 degree temperatures lol. I pokd my finger in a spot on it this morning and saw som liner so im gettin my strategy together now lol. Moles dont like it here because of the dogs, and tractors but they got brothers pool last fall. I just finished a small pad for a customer to pour a slab under his pool. He will use a special mat to lay under it to protect the base then use sand around the edges to make the curved bottoms.

/ Summer Blues....
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Looks like the perfect time for an inground! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
They have some that look like ponds. Maybe you can bait the family that way! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I gave up on above grounds after three attempts.....

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

riptides

We thought of a built-in but are worried about the plumbing. We have a lot of clay, rock etc. Repair costs are the big concern as usually the pipes are buried. If we can figure a way around that, built-in is the way we'll go.

How do you like yours?? Anything you really like/dislike??

I don't think we're going to get one this year as we have a lot of excavating and landscaping to do where we want to put our next pool.

By the way, that pool was only 4 years old! Hard to say whether it was poor installation or just inferior materials (a lemon).

/ Summer Blues.... #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This spring I will be re-compacting the soil under the pool and putting in some heavy foam before putting in our 4th liner. )</font>

Glad you guys mentioned that, I hadn't thought of moles as big pool killers.

I'm not sure heavy foam would be enough to keep them out. Lots of critters (like mice), actually like to chew up foam and carry it back to make nests. You might need to lay down some hardware cloth or screen or something first, and then add a layer of foam to cushion the liner from the screen.

Steve

/ Summer Blues.... #15  
maybe you could try something like lining the ground with the cheapest brick or flatwork you can find, then laying the liner over it?
don't think the moles can dig through the brick.

anthony

/ Summer Blues.... #16  
Along that line of thought why not some used chainlink buried about four inches below the cushion sand? It'll last for darn near ever since it's galvanized. After a couple of toothaches even a mole might decide it ain't worth it.