Summit rear remotes on SA424

/ Summit rear remotes on SA424 #1  

RogerDL

Tractor
Yanmar SA424, John Deere unstyled A
Installed the Summit rear remote setup on my 424. No room on my rops due to the toolbox so I had to make a 2 x 2 cross bar and bolt it to that. These little tractors get full of stuff on the back pretty quick!

Attachments

• Hydraulic unit.jpg
    Hydraulic unit.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 312
   / Summit rear remotes on SA424 #2  
Nice. I am doing the same thing on my Sc2450.
The loader buttons work just fine.
But I ran into and issue with the rocker switch not working, I think they put the wiring harness together wrong for the rocker switch, I only have power on
one side of the two pigtails but there is power on both terminals on that pig tail and nothing on the other pig tale terminals.
Can to check your pigtails that come from the rocker switch and tell me what color the wires have power on each pigtail?

Last edited:
   / Summit rear remotes on SA424
But I ran into and issue with the rocker switch not working, I think they put the wiring harness together wrong for the rocker switch, I only have power on
one side of the two pigtails but there is power on both terminals on that pig tail and nothing on the other pig tale terminals.
Can to check your pigtails that come from the rocker switch and tell me what color the wires have power on each pigtail?
I can take a look. I don't think I can get wire colors because they are sheathed, but I might be able to tell you which pins are powered in the socket.

/ Summit rear remotes on SA424 #4  
I had the same problem could not see the wire colors so I called customer support, they did put the wiring harness together wrong, on the 4 pin connector that comes from the rocker switch
they put the positives on the same side as well as the grounds on the other side.
that connector should have been positive and negitive on each side. They are sending me a new switch and harness.
Here is where I bought my top link if you need one:http://haytools.com/TNT.htm

IMG_0882.jpg
IMG_0893.jpg

/ Summit rear remotes on SA424 #5  
Have you had a chance to try the rear remotes yet?
It works great very smooth and can get it move the cylinder a small amount, much better than I expected.
Right now I only have the hydraulic top link, but plan on adding a hydraulic cylinder to angle my back blade and
also add a cylinder to my snow blower chute deflector.

Have you had a chance to try the rear remotes yet?
It works great very smooth and can get it move the cylinder a small amount, much better than I expected.
Right now I only have the hydraulic top link, but plan on adding a hydraulic cylinder to angle my back blade and
also add a cylinder to my snow blower chute deflector.
I haven't yet. I just ordered a hydraulic top link today, so will get to try it out soon though

/ Summit rear remotes on SA424 #7  
By the way I had to add 16 ounces of hydraulic fluid to the tractor after I got the remote kit and the top link installed and got the air out of both.

By the way I had to add 16 ounces of hydraulic fluid to the tractor after I got the remote kit and the top link installed and got the air out of both.
That sounds about right. I didn't have to add any from just the remotes, but those cylinders hold a fair amount. I already got a gallon of hydraulic oil from the dealer to have on hand for that

Well, my new top link came in and the rocker switch works fine but the joystick buttons don't work. It sounds like I have pressure on three of the buttons, but the cylinder will only extend on one outlet and not retract. I switched the plugs around but no success.

Last edited:
   / Summit rear remotes on SA424 #10  
For the joystick control.
Take the plus’s out and stretch them out.
The two longest plugs are set.
And the shorter are a set.
Plug them back in and see if that helps.