Super Duty Lead Times

/ Super Duty Lead Times #61  
I had my 19 F150 in for a oil change last week.. Friend of mine is the GM at that dealer...Asked if I wanted to give him the keys and walk away from the last 13 months of my lease... I declined. He then asked if I would take 62,500 for my 17 F350 Platinum diesel that has 20K mies on it now...I declined that as well. They have basically zero inventory and are buying anything they can at auction for what amounts to retail by the time its on their lot..
You are correct about low/no inventory. I drove through the local Ford dealer's lot yesterday and there were no new Super Duty trucks. None... zip... nada.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #62  
GAD!
I just looked up on the web asking prices on used diesel F350 Crew Cab dually 7.3 w/ fairly new tires all around and they are almost what I paid for mine back in 2012!!

/ Super Duty Lead Times #63  
GAD!
I just looked up on the web asking prices on used diesel F350 Crew Cab dually 7.3 w/ fairly new tires all around and they are almost what I paid for mine back in 2012!!
Yep. Used prices go up when you cannot buy new.....

/ Super Duty Lead Times #65  
But that was 9 years ago! The equivalent 2012 model was going to cost me about $45K in 2012. They are now all available for about $30K or less.

Have you looked at use truck prices lately? I posted this on 4-5-21 on another forum.

"They are going for $35k high mileage and $45k low mileage as far back as '11 and '12's." And I am not talking about the high end trim models either.

I have been looking for over a year for a used Ram 2500. Finally give up and started lookin for a new one, they are not available for what I want. White Tradesman, 4x4, and short bed. I did settle on one that is on order, last month. It is in transit now.

I just pulled this off a news clip.

"Prices for used cars and trucks jumped 10.0% in April, a staggering number.

“This was the largest one-month increase since the series began in 1953, and it accounted for over a third of the seasonally adjusted all items increase,” the BLS noted in the release.

Compared to April 2020, the increase is a whopping 21.0%. (New vehicles prices rose 0.5%.)"

Last edited:
   / Super Duty Lead Times #66  
Our local Ford dealer has no new pickups on the lot and only two used ones. Both are 2017 F-250 crew cab sb gassers. One is priced at $49,000 and the other is $47,000. Diesels would have added quite a bit to the price.

We just sold a 2008 F-150 SuperCrew with 165,000 miles. I parked it at the end of our lane with a for sale sign at 11:30 in the morning and it was gone before 5:00. It went for much more than we’d have gotten a year ago and I probably could have gotten more than I did.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #67  
GAD!
That’s one of the 1/2 dozen reasons why I buy diesel trucks instead of gas.
Just sold my worn out F-350 reg cab with a 6.4L boat anchor diesel leaking oil from 2 places and 180k on it for $18,000. Seems like I under priced it now....

/ Super Duty Lead Times #68  
I ended up buying a preowned in-bed camper from my neighbors for a prayer. They are letting me keep it on their lot until I get a new pickup. They had bought a GMC 2500 for it but got intimidated by the weight (3500 lbs dry). My intent is to special order a F350 (single rear wheel, crew cab, 6.7L) with a camper package if it is up to the task. The camper is set up for a 6-3/4' bed. Anyone have experience with this configuration? My F250 will go on the market.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #69  
I could have been talked into going up, but I would budge on the 40/20/40 seat (every once in a while we have 6 people), pre collision, rear locker, FX4, no window in rear glass, camper package, 5th wheel prep, upfitters, Factory spray in bedliner. The factory spray in bedliner, with the 5th wheel prep, box link and bed LEDs is really a neat setup.

I got into that for $46k, before rebates, plus tax.

I reached out to 20 dealers within 50 miles of my house. I messaged them quickly on autotrader, and told them what I was looking for.

Not one had a truck built that that.

I am surprised how few even had the OEM 5th wheel puck packages.

Many dealers had between 1 and 3 super duties on the entire lot!
What was sticker price on this?
Why no 7.3?

/ Super Duty Lead Times
What was sticker price on this?
Why no 7.3?
Inline build price was $49k. I wanted a tried and true engine hense the 6.2