Survey: RK Tractor owners!

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #1  

Dfixit1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC-3
Im curious how far, distance in miles do RK Tractor owners live from the RK Store?

If it breaks are you able to transport it yourself to the store for repair?

Have you had any warranty related issues that required repair?

Im told some dealers have a 50 mile limit for warranty related issues.

Im considering a RK55 but Im 3 hours from the store......

Thank you!

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #2  
I'm nearly 4 hours from the store I bought from, but I knew that the store 2 hours away was going to be a tractor location early this year. Haven't had any issues yet that require a trip in, only thing I need to talk to them about is a squeaky steering wheel but I don't think that will require taking it in.

I've got a trailer to haul it in if ever necessary, I don't think I would have bought it if not.

ETA: I'm 150 miles from purchase store, 85 to nearest tractor location now.

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #3  
I'm nearly 4 hours from the store I bought from, but I knew that the store 2 hours away was going to be a tractor location early this year. Haven't had any issues yet that require a trip in, only thing I need to talk to them about is a squeaky steering wheel but I don't think that will require taking it in.

I've got a trailer to haul it in if ever necessary, I don't think I would have bought it if not.

ETA: I'm 150 miles from purchase store, 85 to nearest tractor location now.

A sturdy trailer is something every tractor owner should have.

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #4  
I have two stores within 14 miles of my farm .. Steubenville Ohio and Washington PA ,both have RK Tractors .. I have been seriously considering an RK 37 open station ,seems to be the best value in a premium tractor offering in its class for the money..

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #5  
Im curious how far, distance in miles do RK Tractor owners live from the RK Store?

If it breaks are you able to transport it yourself to the store for repair?

Have you had any warranty related issues that required repair?

Im told some dealers have a 50 mile limit for warranty related issues.

Im considering a RK55 but Im 3 hours from the store......

Thank you!

As a truck drives: 41.5mi (60min).
As a crow flies: 33.9mi
I have a truck and trailer to haul my tractor. Wouldn't be without it.

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #6  
I came very close to buying an RK but being 200 miles away was the deal killer in the end. To drop off and then go back to pick it up would have been 800 miles. I have a neighbor that would have lent me his trailer, but I hate borrowing things like that. Adding a trailer needs factoring in too.

I found two local dealers within 65 miles that would pick up and drop off at no cost, (at least during the warranty period) and the LS was not much more than the RK.

When I called RK about warranty work they told me they had service trucks. But in the worst case scenario, some repairs require a proper shop. For a hobby user like I, a trailer is not justified.

BTW, I think anyone living within RK's service radius should look hard at their offerings. Looks like a lot of value to most people who put less than 150 hrs a year on a machine.

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #7  
I came very close to buying an RK but being 200 miles away was the deal killer in the end. To drop off and then go back to pick it up would have been 800 miles. I have a neighbor that would have lent me his trailer, but I hate borrowing things like that. Adding a trailer needs factoring in too.

I found two local dealers within 65 miles that would pick up and drop off at no cost, (at least during the warranty period) and the LS was not much more than the RK.

When I called RK about warranty work they told me they had service trucks. But in the worst case scenario, some repairs require a proper shop. For a hobby user like I, a trailer is not justified.

BTW, I think anyone living within RK's service radius should look hard at their offerings. Looks like a lot of value to most people who put less than 150 hrs a year on a machine.

If you own a tractor you SHOULD own a trailer suitable for moving that tractor.
Paying someone to move your tractor just several times, may cost more than owning a trailer.
Trailers depreciate very little.

Last edited:
   / Survey: RK Tractor owners! #8  
If you own a tractor you SHOULD own a trailer suitable for moving that tractor.
Paying someone to move your tractor just several times, may cost more than owning a trailer.
Trailers depreciate very little.

For the next 6 years, I will not require a trailer to get my tractor serviced as my LS dealer will take care of it at no cost. It would not be a good investment in my case. YMMV

The most outrageous charge was from the Kubota dealer who was at $300 both ways. It would take a long time to break even. And even if the trailer did not depreciate, I still need it sitting there as long as I own the tractor and I have $6500 doing nothing.

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #9  
For the next 6 years, I will not require a trailer to get my tractor serviced as my LS dealer will take care of it at no cost. It would not be a good investment in my case. YMMV

The most outrageous charge was from the Kubota dealer who was at $300 both ways. It would take a long time to break even. And even if the trailer did not depreciate, I still need it sitting there as long as I own the tractor and I have $6500 doing nothing.

An under 2000 lb. tractor (JD 855) does not need a "$6500" trailer "doing nothing"
A $1440 trailer from Lowe's will haul your JD 855.

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #10  
An under 2000 lb. tractor (JD 855) does not need a "$6500" trailer "doing nothing"
A $1440 trailer from Lowe's will haul your JD 855.

The new tractor is likely to be an LS XR4140 cab with FEL and loaded tires. The tractor dealer figured I needed a $6500 trailer to haul it. I never followed up when he offered free pickup and delivery.