Survey: RK Tractor owners!

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #11  
Your dealer is nuts!

I bought this 20' PJ trailer NEW for under $3,500.00 and it's rated 14K!!

standard.jpg

SR

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #12  
Your dealer is nuts!

standard.jpg

SR

Perhaps his dealer is not really .... "nuts"....he is just likes to rip customers off, if he can!

Last edited:
   / Survey: RK Tractor owners! #13  
Wow! Don't know for sure but I'd be surprised if your tractor weighs over 9000#. Rural King offers a very nice 12K trailer for $4200. Also I'm sure many other brands new and used for less than $6500. Just remember, what ever you save is more you can spend on attachments/accessories! :thumbsup:

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #15  
Guys,

You are absolutely correct...my Kubota dealer is NUTS!!! Was looking at a new tractor and zero turn and buying elsewhere.

I have no need to trailer the tractor as I have found three dealers that will pick it up and return it at no charge. So, never shopped for a trailer. And if the rare needs arises, my neighbor has a trailer he would let me use.

My apology for putting out a stupid number. I should not have trusted what the dealer quoted me. But it is still not worth $3500 to have a trailer that I do not need and will sit there 99% of the time. Spending the money it on attachments that get used 3% of the time instead. LOL

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #16  
Your dealer is nuts!

standard.jpg

SR

I have the same trailer with different axels, 7000 lb and i could have got 10,000 for a couple hundred more it also came with electric brakes and a bull dog hitch Bought it 5 yrs ago for around $1800 and my 35 hp 4 wd fel tractor weighs less than 4500 lb and my 45 hp 4wd about 4500 to 5000 with out a fel. I dont have a problem towing either.

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #17  
You can follow my YouTube channel, I’ve logged some repairs done to my tractor.
I live one town over from my dealer, so delivery isn’t a hassle. However; I had a tech pick the tractor up, and they have mobile techs that can handle issues for you, no delivery required.

Attachments

• 5A035EBC-DAF4-4635-9060-254D6B37A1B1.jpeg
    5A035EBC-DAF4-4635-9060-254D6B37A1B1.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 274
   / Survey: RK Tractor owners! #18  
For the next 6 years, I will not require a trailer to get my tractor serviced as my LS dealer will take care of it at no cost. It would not be a good investment in my case. YMMV

The most outrageous charge was from the Kubota dealer who was at $300 both ways. It would take a long time to break even. And even if the trailer did not depreciate, I still need it sitting there as long as I own the tractor and I have $6500 doing nothing.

6500 is going to get a lot of trailer. I just looked and could buy a 22ft hyd tilt 14k trailer for 6799.99 locally.
A basic equipment trailer 18ft with ramps rated at 9990 priced at 2990. And the 20ft rated at 9990 for 3200.
Now understand there is a huge difference between a 20 ft trailer for 3000. Average and one that falls into the 4 to 5 thousand range but for an occasional use trailer the cheaper trailers are good deals.

I don稚 know many people who don稚 find enough use to justify owning a trailer. Just the other day my friend saved himself a huge towing bill simply by using his trailer purchased to haul his tractor when his wife痴 car broke down. Towing bill would have been ridiculous from his in laws to home but with the trailer it was just cost of fuel. Add to that mobility of almost anything you need such as wood for building, dirt for that yard work, mulch, stone for the driveway. Not only can you save on that extra charge for delivery of the big things but you get a small discount on the small things too. Add the convince of letting something sit on the trailer till your ready to use it rather than having to unload right now because you have to use your truck for something else and the cost really becomes justifiable quickly.
Now I know some people have things figured out differently and I am not trying to convince you you need a trailer. Just stating your dealer was nuts and only wanted to sell you more than you need or overcharge you not sure which but that for many like my friend who used to think a trailer would be a waste of money and would just sit, actually find that after they own one they find themselves using it more often then they imagined.

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #19  
6500 is going to get a lot of trailer. I just looked and could buy a 22ft hyd tilt 14k trailer for 6799.99 locally.
A basic equipment trailer 18ft with ramps rated at 9990 priced at 2990. And the 20ft rated at 9990 for 3200.
Now understand there is a huge difference between a 20 ft trailer for 3000. Average and one that falls into the 4 to 5 thousand range but for an occasional use trailer the cheaper trailers are good deals.

I don稚 know many people who don稚 find enough use to justify owning a trailer. Just the other day my friend saved himself a huge towing bill simply by using his trailer purchased to haul his tractor when his wife痴 car broke down. Towing bill would have been ridiculous from his in laws to home but with the trailer it was just cost of fuel. Add to that mobility of almost anything you need such as wood for building, dirt for that yard work, mulch, stone for the driveway. Not only can you save on that extra charge for delivery of the big things but you get a small discount on the small things too. Add the convince of letting something sit on the trailer till your ready to use it rather than having to unload right now because you have to use your truck for something else and the cost really becomes justifiable quickly.
Now I know some people have things figured out differently and I am not trying to convince you you need a trailer. Just stating your dealer was nuts and only wanted to sell you more than you need or overcharge you not sure which but that for many like my friend who used to think a trailer would be a waste of money and would just sit, actually find that after they own one they find themselves using it more often then they imagined.

EXACTLY CORRECT !!!!

/ Survey: RK Tractor owners! #20  
If I purchase this week 53 miles to store but I’m building a 13ft trailer to haul on.